Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > virus hidden in MS mail

virus hidden in MS mail

Richard

Looks like some jerk is out duping readers into accepting the virus.
The item looks like an official Microsoft bulletin.
However, MS does not do e-mail bulletins.
Upon saving, AVG immediately detected the SwenA worm.

The source of the mail comes from videotron.ca.
The mail server is on serverhost.net, send complaints to
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) and also to (E-Mail Removed)

Never open any attachment with mail that looks like it came from Microsoft.

Harrison

Wow! That's amazing!
Thanks for letting us know.

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 10:35:48 -0600, "Richard" <anonymous@127.000>
wrote:

>Looks like some jerk is out duping readers into accepting the virus.
>The item looks like an official Microsoft bulletin.
>However, MS does not do e-mail bulletins.
>Upon saving, AVG immediately detected the SwenA worm.
>
>The source of the mail comes from videotron.ca.
>The mail server is on serverhost.net, send complaints to
>(E-Mail Removed) and also to (E-Mail Removed)
>
>Never open any attachment with mail that looks like it came from Microsoft.

-= Hawk =-

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 10:35:48 -0600, "Richard" <anonymous@127.000>
scribbled:

>Looks like some jerk is out duping readers into accepting the virus.
>The item looks like an official Microsoft bulletin.
>However, MS does not do e-mail bulletins.
>Upon saving, AVG immediately detected the SwenA worm.
>
>The source of the mail comes from videotron.ca.
>The mail server is on serverhost.net, send complaints to
>(E-Mail Removed) and also to (E-Mail Removed)
>
>Never open any attachment with mail that looks like it came from Microsoft.

Welcome to 12 months ago or more, do try and catch up with
the rest of the world someday.

Riddles II, v3
- T. Pratchett

Thund3rstruck_N0i

Richard spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed in
<(E-Mail Removed)>

> Looks like some jerk is out duping readers into accepting the virus.
> The item looks like an official Microsoft bulletin.
> However, MS does not do e-mail bulletins.
> Upon saving, AVG immediately detected the SwenA worm.
>
> The source of the mail comes from videotron.ca.
> The mail server is on serverhost.net, send complaints to
> (E-Mail Removed) and also to (E-Mail Removed)
>
> Never open any attachment with mail that looks like it came from
> Microsoft.

Where the hell have you been for the last 6 or more months?

NOI

Brian H

Thund3rstruck_N0i said:

> Richard spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed in
> <(E-Mail Removed)>
>
>> Looks like some jerk is out duping readers into accepting the virus.
>> The item looks like an official Microsoft bulletin.
>> However, MS does not do e-mail bulletins.
>> Upon saving, AVG immediately detected the SwenA worm.
>>
>> The source of the mail comes from videotron.ca.
>> The mail server is on serverhost.net, send complaints to
>> (E-Mail Removed) and also to (E-Mail Removed)
>>
>> Never open any attachment with mail that looks like it came from
>> Microsoft.

> Where the hell have you been for the last 6 or more months?
>
> NOI

He's on a different planet, forget different timezone.

slumpy

Voicing an opinion as worthless as a wino at a wedding, Thund3rstruck_N0i
postulated...

> Richard spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed
> in <(E-Mail Removed)>
>
>> Looks like some jerk is out duping readers into accepting the virus.
>> The item looks like an official Microsoft bulletin.
>> However, MS does not do e-mail bulletins.
>> Upon saving, AVG immediately detected the SwenA worm.
>>
>> The source of the mail comes from videotron.ca.
>> The mail server is on serverhost.net, send complaints to
>> (E-Mail Removed) and also to (E-Mail Removed)
>>
>> Never open any attachment with mail that looks like it came from
>> Microsoft.

> Where the hell have you been for the last 6 or more months?

Fighting the Black Death in Middle-England probably.
--
slumpy
no more

trout

Thund3rstruck_N0i wrote:

> Richard spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed
> in <(E-Mail Removed)>
>
>> Looks like some jerk is out duping readers into accepting the virus.
>> The item looks like an official Microsoft bulletin.

<snip>

> Where the hell have you been for the last 6 or more months?
>
> NOI

He's been stumbling around, looking for the City of Troy; shouting
"There are soldiers in the horse!".
--
"As usual; the authorities are 'looking into it'."

Thund3rstruck_N0i

Brian H spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed in
<pcXNb.5055$(E-Mail Removed)>

> He's on a different planet, forget different timezone.

Actually, that explains damn near everything. <G>

NOI

Thund3rstruck_N0i

trout spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed in
<bu9n6m$ffhk8$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de>
> He's been stumbling around, looking for the City of Troy; shouting
> "There are soldiers in the horse!".

Lol@ Slumpy's and Trout's replies.

NOI