Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Computer won't recognize modem after OS install

Computer won't recognize modem after OS install

~*Eternity*~

A friend recently installed Windows 2000 after wiping 98SE (I hope I said
that right). Now her computer will not recognize her modem. She cannot get
online at all so she asked me to try to help. I am not at all familiar with
this so I thought I would as the experts here...
Here is her computer info. Please let me know if you need more information.

hp pavilion 6623
120g
Clean install of 2000 after wiping 98SE
Cannnot recognize modem or get online now.
Thank you to anyone that can help.

--
Visit Flights Of Fantasy...
http://eternity.home.comcast.net/

Harrison

You'll need to download the modem drivers for Windows 2000 and install
them. If the modem is the original, get the drivers from hp.com. If
the modem is an aftermarket or replacement, check the modem for
identifying chipset markings and search for the driver at
driverguide.com or the modem manufacturer's website.

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 10:42:37 -0500, "~*Eternity*~" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>A friend recently installed Windows 2000 after wiping 98SE (I hope I said
>that right). Now her computer will not recognize her modem. She cannot get
>online at all so she asked me to try to help. I am not at all familiar with
>this so I thought I would as the experts here...
>Here is her computer info. Please let me know if you need more information.
>
>hp pavilion 6623
>120g
>Clean install of 2000 after wiping 98SE
>Cannnot recognize modem or get online now.
>Thank you to anyone that can help.

Harrison

See my previous response.
Here is a shortcut to the download page for the modem drivers from hp.
http://snipurl.com/3vd4

wrote:

>A friend recently installed Windows 2000 after wiping 98SE (I hope I said
>that right). Now her computer will not recognize her modem. She cannot get
>online at all so she asked me to try to help. I am not at all familiar with
>this so I thought I would as the experts here...
>Here is her computer info. Please let me know if you need more information.
>
>hp pavilion 6623
>120g
>Clean install of 2000 after wiping 98SE
>Cannnot recognize modem or get online now.
>Thank you to anyone that can help.

~*Eternity*~

Thank you. I will let you know when she has it working ...
Eternity
<Harrison> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> See my previous response.
> Here is a shortcut to the download page for the modem drivers from hp.
> http://snipurl.com/3vd4
>
> On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 10:42:37 -0500, "~*Eternity*~" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
> >A friend recently installed Windows 2000 after wiping 98SE (I hope I said
> >that right). Now her computer will not recognize her modem. She cannot

get
> >online at all so she asked me to try to help. I am not at all familiar

with
> >this so I thought I would as the experts here...
> >Here is her computer info. Please let me know if you need more

information.

> >hp pavilion 6623
> >120g
> >Clean install of 2000 after wiping 98SE
> >Cannnot recognize modem or get online now.
> >Thank you to anyone that can help.

~*Eternity*~

Just wanted to let you know she got it working. She does not have dial up
access at her home, but she said that it at least attempted to dial her
connection and that it said the device is working properly.
Thanks again
~*Etenity*~
<Harrison> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> See my previous response.
> Here is a shortcut to the download page for the modem drivers from hp.
> http://snipurl.com/3vd4
>
> On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 10:42:37 -0500, "~*Eternity*~" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
> >A friend recently installed Windows 2000 after wiping 98SE (I hope I said
> >that right). Now her computer will not recognize her modem. She cannot

get
> >online at all so she asked me to try to help. I am not at all familiar

with
> >this so I thought I would as the experts here...
> >Here is her computer info. Please let me know if you need more

information.

> >hp pavilion 6623
> >120g
> >Clean install of 2000 after wiping 98SE
> >Cannnot recognize modem or get online now.
> >Thank you to anyone that can help.

Harrison

Cool!