Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Microsoft Office -- how many computers?

Microsoft Office -- how many computers?

Peter

I have been using Office 2000 on my home and home office computer. If I
upgrade to 2003, can I still use one set of disks, or do I need one per
computer?

Thank you.

Harrison

Legally, MS requires one license per installation.
2003 features the same protection as 2002, and activation will be
required.
I'm still waiting form mine to prompt me... it's been months

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 03:36:34 GMT, "Peter" <(E-Mail Removed)
(hold the .spam)> wrote:

>I have been using Office 2000 on my home and home office computer. If I
>upgrade to 2003, can I still use one set of disks, or do I need one per
>computer?
>
>Thank you.

Billy

Kinda, sorta.
The primary user of the license may install a second copy on a portable
device for the use of said user.

<Harrison> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Legally, MS requires one license per installation.
> 2003 features the same protection as 2002, and activation will be
> required.
> I'm still waiting form mine to prompt me... it's been months
>
> On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 03:36:34 GMT, "Peter" <(E-Mail Removed)
> (hold the .spam)> wrote:
>
> >I have been using Office 2000 on my home and home office computer.

If I
> >upgrade to 2003, can I still use one set of disks, or do I need one

per
> >computer?
> >
> >Thank you.

Billh

I understand the Student Version will allow you install on three computers.
It runs 149.99 or less.

news:6%INb.122106$(E-Mail Removed). ..