Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Lexmark 1150 photocopy problem

Lexmark 1150 photocopy problem

Fred

Whenever I use the black-and-white photocopy function on my Lexmark X1150,
the resulting printout has alternate bands of black and white areas, of
about 10 mm in length each. This happens for the entire A4 size of paper.

The troubleshooter says: "If your All-In-One pauses frequently (every two or
three lines) during a print job, and prints pages with alternating bands of
light and dark print, it is printing data faster than the computer can send it.
Banded printing occurs when the All-In-One pauses frequently. You may need to
change your All-In-One software settings, or the problem may be that your
All-In-One and your computer may not be able to communicate properly."

I have Windows 2000 Pro (SP4) and the printer is attached via a USB cable.
I have a PIII CPU @ 667 mhz and I find it hard to believe that the data is
printing faster than my PC can send it. The printer prints perfectly in all
other modes -- the bands only appear when using the photocopy button on the
printer top.

The problem can be temporarily fixed by selecting a higher print quality
setting, but this involves going into the All-In-One settings and changing
a value that doesn't even get "remembered", and thus it's a hassle to do
when all I want to do is press the photocopy button for a copy. So does
anyone know of a way to permanently fix this issue? If not, all I can
say is: DON'T buy this printer for the photocopy aspects, as the copies
are flawed and very inconvenient to use -- for me at least.

Pemo

My Lexmark X1150 works perfectly well on b/w photocopy function (and all
other functions).

Running it on Athlon 2GHz, 256MB 2700 DDR RAM, 40GB HDD

Pemo

--
,-._|\
/ Oz \ Melbourne