Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > card reader trouble with 1GB CF card

card reader trouble with 1GB CF card

WCH

Just bought a 1gig SanDisk Ultra CompactFlash card. I've got a Dazzle
6-in-1 USB card reader (it's a year or two old, I assume it's just a 1.1,
although it's plugged into a 2.0 USB port). When I put the 1GB card into
the reader it isn't recognized. System waits and waits then pops up
"request could not be performed because of an I/O device error". However,
if I put the card in my Toshiba e755 pda and cradle it (attached to the same
system), the card is recognized and I can transfer files on and off without
problem. What's up? Audio and video files play GREAT off the card so I
know it works. Do I need a new reader?
TIA
WC

Trai' La Trash

"WCH" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Just bought a 1gig SanDisk Ultra CompactFlash card. I've got a Dazzle
> 6-in-1 USB card reader (it's a year or two old, I assume it's just a 1.1,
> although it's plugged into a 2.0 USB port). When I put the 1GB card into
> the reader it isn't recognized. System waits and waits then pops up
> "request could not be performed because of an I/O device error". However,
> if I put the card in my Toshiba e755 pda and cradle it (attached to the

same
> system), the card is recognized and I can transfer files on and off

without
> problem. What's up? Audio and video files play GREAT off the card so I
> know it works. Do I need a new reader?
> TIA
> WC

Most likely the reader.
I have a dazzle 2.0 it works fine on my laptops but on my desk pc I shut
down the pc and it won't boot up with the dazzle plugged in.

Trai'