Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Problem with shutting down computer

Problem with shutting down computer

Bozo Clown

Intel 865PERL, W2000 Pro
After the auto "saving settings" I get a blue screen with message:
"STOP 0X0000009F (4 other number strings)
driver_power_state_failure"

Any ideas on possible causes?
I've swapped and reloaded everything except the P4.
Also, my computer has an IDE drive being recognized as C drive and 2 SATA
drives as D and E drives.
The D drive has the W2000 Pro installed.
Also, the E drive has WXP Pro installed and when booting to that drive, WXP
Pro does not fully boot up all programs and has other problems with shutting
down.

William

2614 » Windows 2000 fails with STOP 0x0000009F DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE?

If you receive the subject message, a driver does not handle power state
transition requests properly. This most often happems during shutdown or
during suspending or resuming from standby or hibernate mode.

You must update or remove the offending device driver or file system filter
driver, possibly installed by an anti-virus, remote control, or backup
program.

To locate the offending driver:

1. Use %SystemRoot%\System32\Sigverif.exe to check for unsigned drivers.

2. Check for driver updates from your systems vendor.

3. Update any software that contains file system filter drivers.

4. Uninstall non-critical devices and sofware in an attempt to isolate the
offending driver.

5. Install an alternate copy of Windows 2000 in a different partition. Add
drivers and software until you locate the offending driver.

"Bozo Clown" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:tfuNb.8346$(E-Mail Removed) nk.net...
> Intel 865PERL, W2000 Pro
> After the auto "saving settings" I get a blue screen with message:
> "STOP 0X0000009F (4 other number strings)
> driver_power_state_failure"
>
> Any ideas on possible causes?
> I've swapped and reloaded everything except the P4.
> Also, my computer has an IDE drive being recognized as C drive and 2 SATA
> drives as D and E drives.
> The D drive has the W2000 Pro installed.
> Also, the E drive has WXP Pro installed and when booting to that drive,

WXP
> Pro does not fully boot up all programs and has other problems with

shutting
> down.

°Mike°

Windows 2000 fails with STOP 0x0000009F DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE
http://www.jsiinc.com/SUBF/TIP2600/rh2614.htm

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 10:50:01 GMT, in
<tfuNb.8346$(E-Mail Removed) et>
Bozo Clown scrawled: