Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Compact flash memory problem

Compact flash memory problem

DZ

Hi

Is there a way to retrieve images off a faulty (?) Compact Flash memory
card?
I desperately need to get some photos off a compact flash card but the card
reader does not recognise it. The reader works okay with other compact flash
cards.

DZ

DZ

Hi Harrison

No the camera doesn't read the card anymore.
It was the same card used to take the pictures and showed up in the preview
a couple of times, then.........nothing!
Any ideas?

Thanks

DZ

<Harrison> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Does the camera read the card?
>
> On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 08:08:23 -0000, "DZ"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >Hi
> >
> >Is there a way to retrieve images off a faulty (?) Compact Flash memory
> >card?
> >I desperately need to get some photos off a compact flash card but the

card
> >reader does not recognise it. The reader works okay with other compact

flash
> >cards.
> >

> >DZ

DZ

Thanks for the advise. I shall look into it.
Maybe the photos aren't really David Baily material!

DZ

<Harrison> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Depending on how much you're willing to spend, there probably is
> technology to recover the images regardless of the degree of damage to
> the card.
> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&i...+card+recovery
> or
> http://tinyurl.com/3gmvx
>

> On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 08:28:16 -0000, "DZ"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >Hi Harrison
> >
> >No the camera doesn't read the card anymore.
> >It was the same card used to take the pictures and showed up in the

preview
> >a couple of times, then.........nothing!
> >Any ideas?
> >
> >Thanks
> >
> >DZ
> >

> ><Harrison> wrote in message
> >news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
> >> Does the camera read the card?

memory

> >card

> >flash

Harrison

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi
>
>Is there a way to retrieve images off a faulty (?) Compact Flash memory
>card?
>I desperately need to get some photos off a compact flash card but the card
>reader does not recognise it. The reader works okay with other compact flash
>cards.
>

>DZ

Harrison

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi Harrison
>
>No the camera doesn't read the card anymore.
>It was the same card used to take the pictures and showed up in the preview
>a couple of times, then.........nothing!
>Any ideas?
>
>Thanks
>
>DZ
>

><Harrison> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> Does the camera read the card?
>>
>> On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 08:08:23 -0000, "DZ"
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> >Hi
>> >
>> >Is there a way to retrieve images off a faulty (?) Compact Flash memory
>> >card?
>> >I desperately need to get some photos off a compact flash card but the

>card
>> >reader does not recognise it. The reader works okay with other compact

>flash
>> >cards.
>> >

>> >DZ

Harrison