Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Stack Pages?

Stack Pages?

Phil

I got a the following blue screen message on reboot after my system froze:

"There are no spare stack pages. It may be necessary to increase the setting
of 'minSps' in SYSTEM.INI to prevent possible stack faults. There are
currently 4 SPs allocated"

I went into SYSTEM.INI and couldn't find anything I'd want to play with.
Anyone know what this means and how I can comply?

Thanks

Phil

why?

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 07:16:21 -0800, Phil wrote:

>I got a the following blue screen message on reboot after my system froze:
>
>"There are no spare stack pages. It may be necessary to increase the setting
>of 'minSps' in SYSTEM.INI to prevent possible stack faults. There are
>currently 4 SPs allocated"

<snip>

A popular question, asked a few times the last week or so.

Oh right you were one of those, see in the answers you already had to
your post of 9 hours ago

http://groups.google.com/groups?dq=&...jf%25404ax.com
or shorter http://makeashorterlink.com/?T5F936017

Previous to that it was last week. See replies to post
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...j1%25404ax.com
or shorter http://makeashorterlink.com/?F24A11017

Me

Richard

"Phil" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I got a the following blue screen message on reboot after my system froze:
>
> "There are no spare stack pages. It may be necessary to increase the

setting
> of 'minSps' in SYSTEM.INI to prevent possible stack faults. There are
> currently 4 SPs allocated"
>
> I went into SYSTEM.INI and couldn't find anything I'd want to play with.
> Anyone know what this means and how I can comply?
>
> Thanks

You have to add a new line as described by Unk. It will then look something
like this:

[386Enh]
MinSPs=4
device=*COMBUFF