Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > microsoft family logon

microsoft family logon

maria

Just had my PC reinstalled. I have a 'Microsoft Family Logon' Installation
icon on my desktop. Anyone know how to remove the darn thing? It wont delete
or remove.
Thanks.........

°Mike°

Control Panel / Network -- remove MS Family Logon.
Reboot.

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 01:41:32 -0000, in
<bu26je$v51$(E-Mail Removed)>
maria scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

miss calm

°Mike° <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Control Panel / Network -- remove MS Family Logon.
> Reboot.
>

> On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 01:41:32 -0000, in
> <bu26je$v51$(E-Mail Removed)>
> maria scrawled:
>
> >Just had my PC reinstalled. I have a 'Microsoft Family Logon'

Installation
> >icon on my desktop. Anyone know how to remove the darn thing? It wont

delete
> >or remove.
> >Thanks.........

Thank you Mike. I followed the proceedure you recommended but got a Rundell
32 error message with the text 'This programme has performed an illegal
operation'
So the Network Neighborhood' icon still in place, grateful for further
advice
Thanks.

> --
> Basic computer maintenance

°Mike°

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 13:17:19 -0000, in
<bu3fbs$9n8$(E-Mail Removed)>
miss calm scrawled:

>°Mike° <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Control Panel / Network -- remove MS Family Logon.
>> Reboot.
>>

>> On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 01:41:32 -0000, in
>> <bu26je$v51$(E-Mail Removed)>
>> maria scrawled:
>>
>> >Just had my PC reinstalled. I have a 'Microsoft Family Logon'

>Installation
>> >icon on my desktop. Anyone know how to remove the darn thing? It wont

>delete
>> >or remove.
>> >Thanks.........

>Thank you Mike. I followed the proceedure you recommended but got a Rundell
>32 error message with the text 'This programme has performed an illegal
>operation'
>So the Network Neighborhood' icon still in place, grateful for further
>advice
>Thanks.

Now try giving the *real* error message - verbatim.
There is no such thing as a "Rundell 32" error message.

--
Basic computer maintenance

Iceman

"maria" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bu26je$v51$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Just had my PC reinstalled. I have a 'Microsoft Family Logon' Installation
> icon on my desktop. Anyone know how to remove the darn thing? It wont

delete
> or remove.

TweakUI can remove stuff from your Desktop. Freeware.
http://www.geocities.com/sheppola/tweakui.html

miss calm

°Mike° <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 13:17:19 -0000, in
> <bu3fbs$9n8$(E-Mail Removed)>
> miss calm scrawled:
>

> >°Mike° <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> Control Panel / Network -- remove MS Family Logon.
> >> Reboot.
> >>

> >> On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 01:41:32 -0000, in
> >> <bu26je$v51$(E-Mail Removed)>
> >> maria scrawled:

> >Installation

> >delete

> >Thank you Mike. I followed the proceedure you recommended but got a

Rundell
> >32 error message with the text 'This programme has performed an illegal
> >operation'
> >So the Network Neighborhood' icon still in place, grateful for further
> >advice
> >Thanks.

> Now try giving the *real* error message - verbatim.
> There is no such thing as a "Rundell 32" error message.

Maybe I spelt it wrong but there is. It may be linked to another function
such as IE I dont know. Anyway very grateful for your help. I got it after
the fifth try.

> --
> Basic computer maintenance

miss calm

Iceman <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bu4cjk$dcsru$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> "maria" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:bu26je$v51$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Just had my PC reinstalled. I have a 'Microsoft Family Logon'

Installation
> > icon on my desktop. Anyone know how to remove the darn thing? It wont

> delete
> > or remove.

> TweakUI can remove stuff from your Desktop. Freeware.
> http://www.geocities.com/sheppola/tweakui.html

Thanks Iceman, Its fixed now but I'll make a note of it.

°Mike°

On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 03:52:31 GMT, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
David A. Seiver scrawled:

>On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 20:26:55 +0000, °Mike°
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>Now try giving the *real* error message - verbatim.
>>There is no such thing as a "Rundell 32" error message.

>Probably meant "RUNDLL32, which is an executable to run DLL files as
>programs. The error just means it couldn't locate the program.

I am well aware what rundll32 is, thank you. How do you come
to the conclusion that "This programme has performed an illegal
operation" means that it couldn't locate the program?

--
Basic computer maintenance