Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Critical update today on xp from Msoft

Critical update today on xp from Msoft

joevan

Been checking for a while, first one in over a week, kind of amazing.
joevan

Sultan

joevan wrote in news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Been checking for a while, first one in over a week, kind of amazing.
> joevan

What is so amazing? Microsoft has changed to releasing updates once a
month, that day being the second Tuesday of each month. December was a
patch free month, Uncle Bills Christmas gift to all of us I suppose.
Note that Microsoft always allows itself to release patches as it sees fit
but for the most part they are going to try and stick with the once a month
schedule.

Sultan

Brian H供

Sultan said:

> joevan wrote in news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> Been checking for a while, first one in over a week, kind of amazing.
>> joevan
>>

> What is so amazing? Microsoft has changed to releasing updates once a
> month, that day being the second Tuesday of each month. December was a
> patch free month, Uncle Bills Christmas gift to all of us I suppose.
> Note that Microsoft always allows itself to release patches as it sees fit
> but for the most part they are going to try and stick with the once a month
> schedule.
>
> Sultan

Well I got an update yesterday, and another one today.

Sultan

Brian H供 wrote in
news:kW%Mb.3073$(E-Mail Removed):

> Sultan said:
>
>> joevan wrote in news:(E-Mail Removed):
>>
>>> Been checking for a while, first one in over a week, kind of
>>> amazing. joevan
>>>

>> What is so amazing? Microsoft has changed to releasing updates once a
>> month, that day being the second Tuesday of each month. December was
>> a patch free month, Uncle Bills Christmas gift to all of us I
>> suppose. Note that Microsoft always allows itself to release patches
>> as it sees fit but for the most part they are going to try and stick
>> with the once a month schedule.
>>
>> Sultan
>>

> Well I got an update yesterday, and another one today.

And they were which updates for which OS?

Sultan

Brian H供

Sultan said:

> Brian H供 wrote in
> news:kW%Mb.3073$(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> Sultan said:

>>> What is so amazing? Microsoft has changed to releasing updates once a
>>> month, that day being the second Tuesday of each month. December was
>>> a patch free month, Uncle Bills Christmas gift to all of us I
>>> suppose. Note that Microsoft always allows itself to release patches
>>> as it sees fit but for the most part they are going to try and stick
>>> with the once a month schedule.
>>>
>>> Sultan
>>>

>> Well I got an update yesterday, and another one today.
>>

> And they were which updates for which OS?

2000, but if MS are only doing updates once a month, it doesn't really matter
which OS you want to discuss.

Sultan

Brian H供 wrote in
news:Bf0Nb.3083$(E-Mail Removed):

> Sultan said:
>
>> Brian H供 wrote in
>> news:kW%Mb.3073$(E-Mail Removed):

>>> Well I got an update yesterday, and another one today.
>>>

>> And they were which updates for which OS?
>>

> 2000, but if MS are only doing updates once a month, it doesn't really
> matter which OS you want to discuss.

I should have clarified this only pertains to those updates deemed
critical. Thus only Critical updates will be released once a month unless
Microsoft deems otherwise.

Sultan

David A. Seiver

On 13 Jan 2004 18:29:20 -0600, Sultan <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Brian H供 wrote in
>news:kW%Mb.3073$(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> Sultan said:

>>> What is so amazing? Microsoft has changed to releasing updates once a
>>> month, that day being the second Tuesday of each month. December was
>>> a patch free month, Uncle Bills Christmas gift to all of us I
>>> suppose. Note that Microsoft always allows itself to release patches
>>> as it sees fit but for the most part they are going to try and stick
>>> with the once a month schedule.
>>>
>>> Sultan
>>>

>> Well I got an update yesterday, and another one today.
>>

>And they were which updates for which OS?
>
>Sultan

They are all virii. Do not run these patches.

Brian H供

David A. Seiver said:

> On 13 Jan 2004 18:29:20 -0600, Sultan <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>> Brian H供 wrote in
>> news:kW%Mb.3073$(E-Mail Removed):

>>> Well I got an update yesterday, and another one today.
>>>

>> And they were which updates for which OS?
>>
>> Sultan
>>

> They are all virii. Do not run these patches.

Are you saying that the updates/patches at Windows Updates are viruses?

Boomer

David A. Seiver, <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> On 13 Jan 2004 18:29:20 -0600, Sultan <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>>Brian H供 wrote in
>>news:kW%Mb.3073$(E-Mail Removed):

>>> Well I got an update yesterday, and another one today.
>>>

>>And they were which updates for which OS?
>>
>>Sultan
>>

> They are all virii. Do not run these patches.

What's 'virii'?

Sultan

Boomer wrote in news:400495f3$0$5127$892e7fe2
@authen.yellow.readfreenews.net:

> David A. Seiver, <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> On 13 Jan 2004 18:29:20 -0600, Sultan <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>Brian H供 wrote in
>>>news:kW%Mb.3073$(E-Mail Removed):

>>>And they were which updates for which OS?
>>>
>>>Sultan
>>>

>> They are all virii. Do not run these patches.
>>

> What's 'virii'?

Not sure but I don't think I want it.