Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Broadband / Pay-as-you-go Connection - Help! (UK)

Broadband / Pay-as-you-go Connection - Help! (UK)

Sonja

I have a BT Broadband connection but I always used my old email from
VirginNet without problem.

Today I received an email from Virgin saying that I have not been using my
pay as you go account for some time (20 months) and that I have to use it at
least once every 60 days or I will lose the contents of my VirginNet inbox.

My question is: Can I have the 2 connections at the same time? If not, how
do I use the old modem once in a while as not to lose my email address? I
can't remember anymore how I used to connect before. Do I have to disconnect
the broadband modem to do that?

Many Thanks,

Sonja

Robbo

> My question is: Can I have the 2 connections at the same time? If not, how
> do I use the old modem once in a while as not to lose my email address? I
> can't remember anymore how I used to connect before. Do I have to

disconnect
> the broadband modem to do that?

Disconn the Broadband modem.
Dial up as usual using the standard modem like you used to
Use the account for a few mins.
Log out, disconn
Re-connect the Broadband modem
Re connect as usual
easy

Sonja

Hi Robbo,

I just disconnected the broadband or do I have to uninstall it?

Thanks,

Sonja

"Robbo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bu1qrj$cqfml$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...

> > My question is: Can I have the 2 connections at the same time? If not,

how
> > do I use the old modem once in a while as not to lose my email address?

> > can't remember anymore how I used to connect before. Do I have to

> disconnect
> > the broadband modem to do that?

> Disconn the Broadband modem.
> Dial up as usual using the standard modem like you used to
> Use the account for a few mins.
> Log out, disconn
> Re-connect the Broadband modem
> Re connect as usual
> easy

Trai' La Trash

"Robbo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bu1qrj$cqfml$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...

> > My question is: Can I have the 2 connections at the same time? If not,

how
> > do I use the old modem once in a while as not to lose my email address?

> > can't remember anymore how I used to connect before. Do I have to

> disconnect
> > the broadband modem to do that?

Robbo blundered;
> Disconn the Broadband modem.
> Dial up as usual using the standard modem like you used to
> Use the account for a few mins.
> Log out, disconn
> Re-connect the Broadband modem
> Re connect as usual
> easy

Ok so tell me why you have to disconnect the broad band to use dialup?

I have broadband and an still open my dialup ISP software and can go online
with both at the same time.

Trai'

nemo2

Sonja,

I'm a bit behind reading posts, so you may not get this message.

I have a similar setup I'm with Plus for broadband, but have a
Freeserve no ties account so that I can keep my old Freserve email
address. All I do is just dial into freeserve every 60 days stay
connected for a minute or 2 then disconnect. It's as simple as that,
I don't touch my broadband connection or anything else.

Regards

nemo2