Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Win98-Hibernation problems!

Win98-Hibernation problems!

Craven Birds

ICee <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:vb6Nb.258$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> Craven Birds wrote:
> > Craven Birds <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:bu2mko$cikmt$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> >>
> >> ICee <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> newsjUMb.50$(E-Mail Removed).. .

> >> Hi, Tried everthing now, spent hours on it I've finally decided
> >> it's the Mobo! The second memory slot seems to be malfunctioning.
> >>
> >> As soon as I put memory in it the system goes tits up. Tried
> >> reformatting, other OS's etc.

> > Update: Hurray! Partition magic found the problem:-0 Corrected my
> > FAT. Why fdisk didn't I don't know. Everything back to normal (touch
> > wood)
> >

> > CB

> Excellent!

No it 'ain't The b*stards started to crash again! Take one mem module
out and OK. The bloody slot seems screwed.

BTW their was only 2 mem sticks in both identical in type, make,
compatability and size, so that's not the problem.

Good job I'm not a computer technician, it would cost my clients a fortune
to diagnose and repair their comps:-0

Cheers

CB

ICee

Craven Birds wrote:
> ICee <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:vb6Nb.258$(E-Mail Removed). ..
>> Craven Birds wrote:
>>> Craven Birds <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:bu2mko$cikmt$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...

>>> Update: Hurray! Partition magic found the problem:-0 Corrected my
>>> FAT. Why fdisk didn't I don't know. Everything back to normal (touch
>>> wood)
>>>

>>> CB

>> Excellent!

> No it 'ain't The b*stards started to crash again! Take one mem
> module out and OK. The bloody slot seems screwed.
>
> BTW their was only 2 mem sticks in both identical in type, make,
> compatability and size, so that's not the problem.
>
> Good job I'm not a computer technician, it would cost my clients a
> fortune to diagnose and repair their comps:-0
>
> Cheers
>
> CB

It's posible one stick is bad. Have you tried just one stick and then
the other? You can test it with this:
www.memtest86.com .

Douglas Adams

Craven Birds

ICee <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:St6Nb.260$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> Craven Birds wrote:
> > ICee <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:vb6Nb.258$(E-Mail Removed). ..

> >> Excellent!

> > No it 'ain't The b*stards started to crash again! Take one mem
> > module out and OK. The bloody slot seems screwed.
> >
> > BTW their was only 2 mem sticks in both identical in type, make,
> > compatability and size, so that's not the problem.
> >
> > Good job I'm not a computer technician, it would cost my clients a
> > fortune to diagnose and repair their comps:-0
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > CB

> It's posible one stick is bad. Have you tried just one stick and then
> the other? You can test it with this:
> www.memtest86.com .

Done that same result and also tested mem. with tufftest pro! I've never
experienced a bad slot in my life!

CB

ICee

Craven Birds wrote:
> ICee <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:St6Nb.260$(E-Mail Removed). ..
>> Craven Birds wrote:
>>> ICee <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:vb6Nb.258$(E-Mail Removed). ..

>>> No it 'ain't The b*stards started to crash again! Take one mem
>>> module out and OK. The bloody slot seems screwed.
>>>
>>> BTW their was only 2 mem sticks in both identical in type, make,
>>> compatability and size, so that's not the problem.
>>>
>>> Good job I'm not a computer technician, it would cost my clients a
>>> fortune to diagnose and repair their comps:-0
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>>
>>> CB

>> It's posible one stick is bad. Have you tried just one stick and
>> then the other? You can test it with this:
>> www.memtest86.com .

> Done that same result and also tested mem. with tufftest pro! I've
> never experienced a bad slot in my life!
>
> CB

As the old adage goes, there's always a first time.

Douglas Adams