Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Quicktime! Grrrrr!!!

Quicktime! Grrrrr!!!

Tim Weaver

OK, wizzards, answer me this: When Quicktime starts, *EVERY TIME*, it puts
an entry in one of the "Run" keys in the registry. I can find no way to
turn it off. Anybody know how? Anyone?

--
Tim Weaver

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I am not sure that what you heard is not what I meant."

jimpgh2002

On 13 Jan 2004 01:44:40 GMT, Tim Weaver
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>OK, wizzards, answer me this: When Quicktime starts, *EVERY TIME*, it puts
>an entry in one of the "Run" keys in the registry. I can find no way to
>turn it off. Anybody know how? Anyone?

This will put a stop to it - http://www.mlin.net/StartupMonitor.shtml

°Mike°

Yeah, uninstall QuickTime. It's worse than Real for doing that.

Get QuickTime alternative
http://mirror1.******.com/

On 13 Jan 2004 01:44:40 GMT, in
<(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de>
Tim Weaver scrawled:

>OK, wizzards, answer me this: When Quicktime starts, *EVERY TIME*, it puts
>an entry in one of the "Run" keys in the registry. I can find no way to
>turn it off. Anybody know how? Anyone?

--
Basic computer maintenance

Tim Weaver

jimpgh2002 wrote:

> On 13 Jan 2004 01:44:40 GMT, Tim Weaver
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>OK, wizzards, answer me this: When Quicktime starts, *EVERY TIME*, it
>>puts an entry in one of the "Run" keys in the registry. I can find no
>>way to turn it off. Anybody know how? Anyone?

> This will put a stop to it - http://www.mlin.net/StartupMonitor.shtml

Yowza! That'll do it, just fine. Many thanks.
--
Tim Weaver

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I am not sure that what you heard is not what I meant."

Richard

°Mike° wrote:

> Yeah, uninstall QuickTime. It's worse than Real for doing that.

No. Just turn off "qttask" in msconfig.

Richard

Tim Weaver wrote:

> OK, wizzards, answer me this: When Quicktime starts, *EVERY TIME*, it
> puts an entry in one of the "Run" keys in the registry. I can find no
> way to turn it off. Anybody know how? Anyone?

Go into msconfig and uncheck "qttask".

°Mike°

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 20:28:03 -0600, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Richard scrawled:

> °Mike° wrote:
>
> > Yeah, uninstall QuickTime. It's worse than Real for doing that.

>No. Just turn off "qttask" in msconfig.

No, because every time you run QT, it reinstates itself.

--

°Mike° wrote:

> On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 20:28:03 -0600, in
> <(E-Mail Removed)>
> Richard scrawled:
>
>> °Mike° wrote:
>>
>> > Yeah, uninstall QuickTime. It's worse than Real for doing that.

>>No. Just turn off "qttask" in msconfig.

> No, because every time you run QT, it reinstates itself.

Which sucks, mightily.
--
Tim Weaver

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I am not sure that what you heard is not what I meant."

pcbutts1

Nope it won't. It still regenerates every time QT starts.

"jimpgh2002" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On 13 Jan 2004 01:44:40 GMT, Tim Weaver
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >OK, wizzards, answer me this: When Quicktime starts, *EVERY TIME*, it

puts
> >an entry in one of the "Run" keys in the registry. I can find no way to
> >turn it off. Anybody know how? Anyone?

> This will put a stop to it - http://www.mlin.net/StartupMonitor.shtml

Shel-hed

This page worked for me- (v. 6.3)