Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Strange Internet Explorer Problem

Strange Internet Explorer Problem

KinCornCarn

Hello.

I'm running a Windows XP Home system, and had previously installed
Mozilla Firebird, and set it as my default web browser. Since I'm
giving the computer to someone else, I am removing extra programs, and
removed Mozilla Firebird, then set the default web browser back to IE.

Now, some strange things are happening. In outlook, when trying to
open an http link the first time, it told me to locate browser file,
and brought up a browse window... I pointed it to iexplore.exe, and
it opened up the link. However, it also opened a blank Internet
Explorer window... Now, every time I click on a link in outlook,
it opens two IE instances... One blank, one with the clicked link.

Free Agent links are also acting strangely. However, Free Agent does
not bring up the link at all.... Only one window, and it's blank.

Anyone have any idea what's causing this, or how to remedy it?

Thanks in advance...

°Mike°

Repair Internet Explorer.

How to Reinstall or Repair Internet Explorer and
Outlook Express in Windows XP

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 19:59:04 GMT, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
KinCornCarn scrawled: