Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Chkdsk Not Fixing Problems

Chkdsk Not Fixing Problems

Dick Reuben

Running XP Home, and the machine just doesn't "feel right" and it runs
slow at times.

I've run chkdsk /f and chkdsk /r twice each. Each time it completes,
I run it in diagnostic mode and it tells me that "Windows found
problems with the file system", and that I should run it with the /f
switch.

I've also had a message indicating that there's a problem with
"Security Descriptors".

But the /fand 'r switches aren't fixing the problem...whatever it is.

I've also run Norton and Defrag.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix the problem?

°Mike°

Try the following:

Chkdsk Finds Incorrect Security IDs After You Restore
or Copy a Lot of Data
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=327009

Chkdsk Reports Cleaning Unused Security Descriptors
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=255008

An Explanation of CHKDSK and the New /C and /I Switches
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=187941

Microsoft Windows XP - Chkdsk
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/pro...ocs/chkdsk.asp

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 18:41:45 GMT, in