Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > processor for ECS k7s5a (v 1.0) Motherboard

processor for ECS k7s5a (v 1.0) Motherboard

BNightly

I was wondering what the fastest CPU this motherboard would support.
Currently using a 1 gig Athlon.

William Poaster

It was on Mon, 12 Jan 2004 09:23:57 -0600, just as I was halfway through a
large jam doughnut, that BNightly wrote:

> I was wondering what the fastest CPU this motherboard would support.
> Currently using a 1 gig Athlon.

All revisions of the K7S5A support AMD k7 processors. AFAIK, the fastest
processor you can use is the 266MHz FSB version of the XP 2600+.
However, you would perhaps need a recent BIOS if you want the
processor to be recognised properly.

--
Linux User #: 305646. http://counter.li.org/
Using linux at home, since 1998

William Poaster

It was on Mon, 12 Jan 2004 09:23:57 -0600, just as I was halfway through a
large jam doughnut, that BNightly wrote:

> I was wondering what the fastest CPU this motherboard would support.
> Currently using a 1 gig Athlon.

All revisions of the K7S5A support AMD k7 processors. AFAIK, the fastest
processor you can use is the 266MHz FSB version of the XP 2600+.
However, you would perhaps need a recent BIOS if you want the
processor to be recognised properly.
There is more info here, but it only goes to AMD Athlon MP 1.8 GHz
http://www.sysopt.com/reviews/ecs-k7s5a/

--
Linux User #: 305646. http://counter.li.org/
Using linux at home, since 1998
SuSE Linux Pro 9.0

Harrison

PROCESSORS

AMD Athlon XP (Throughbred up to XP2600+)
AMD Athlon (including Thunderbird)
AMD Duron (including Morgan)

CHIPSET

SiS 735 Chipset
Supports 200/266 Mhz Front Side Bus (FSB)
Supports AGP 4X

Clock, Hardware Monitor - ITE8705F
LAN integrated in SiS735, connector on board (Optional)
AC97 Audio Codec Integrated

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 09:23:57 -0600, "BNightly"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I was wondering what the fastest CPU this motherboard would support.
>Currently using a 1 gig Athlon.

Martik

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 09:23:57 -0600, BNightly wrote:

> I was wondering what the fastest CPU this motherboard would support.
> Currently using a 1 gig Athlon.

For additional twaeaking info, go to amdforums.com -> ecs motherboards

Al Prezioso

You can go to the following link & download the manual, which is the ECS
web site, also updated Bios & drivers
http://www.ecsusa.com/downloads/manual_k7s.html

Boomer

Al Prezioso <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:kvGMb.15$(E-Mail Removed):

> You can go to the following link & download the manual, which is
> the ECS
> web site, also updated Bios & drivers
> http://www.ecsusa.com/downloads/manual_k7s.html

Hi

Could you please include some of the message you are responding to,
in your reply?

It makes it difficult to follow a thread when you write a reply and
others have no clue on what the question or discussion was about.

Further info:

Thank You Very Much

Harrison

On 13 Jan 2004 00:10:24 GMT, Boomer <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Al Prezioso <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>news:kvGMb.15$(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> You can go to the following link & download the manual, which is
>> the ECS
>> web site, also updated Bios & drivers
>> http://www.ecsusa.com/downloads/manual_k7s.html

>Hi
>
>Could you please include some of the message you are responding to,
>in your reply?
>
>It makes it difficult to follow a thread when you write a reply and
>others have no clue on what the question or discussion was about.

Not if you sort by thread.

>Further info:
>http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote2.html
>http://www.greenend.org.uk/rjk/2000/06/14/quoting.html
>
>Thank You Very Much

°Mike°

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 19:29:18 -0500, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Harrison scrawled:

>On 13 Jan 2004 00:10:24 GMT, Boomer <(E-Mail Removed)>
>wrote:
>
>>Al Prezioso <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>>news:kvGMb.15$(E-Mail Removed):
>>
>>> You can go to the following link & download the manual, which is
>>> the ECS
>>> web site, also updated Bios & drivers
>>> http://www.ecsusa.com/downloads/manual_k7s.html

>>Hi
>>
>>Could you please include some of the message you are responding to,
>>in your reply?
>>
>>It makes it difficult to follow a thread when you write a reply and
>>others have no clue on what the question or discussion was about.

>Not if you sort by thread.

Stupid twit! Do you suppose that every person reading the group
has every post, in every thread? And do you also suppose that
every person reading the group sorts by thread?

<snip>

--
Basic computer maintenance

Boomer

°Mike° <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 19:29:18 -0500, in
> <(E-Mail Removed)>
> Harrison scrawled:
>
>>On 13 Jan 2004 00:10:24 GMT, Boomer <(E-Mail Removed)>
>>wrote:
>>
>>>Al Prezioso <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>>>news:kvGMb.15$(E-Mail Removed):

>>>Hi
>>>
>>>Could you please include some of the message you are responding to,
>>>in your reply?
>>>
>>>It makes it difficult to follow a thread when you write a reply and
>>>others have no clue on what the question or discussion was about.

>>Not if you sort by thread.

> Stupid twit! Do you suppose that every person reading the group
> has every post, in every thread? And do you also suppose that
> every person reading the group sorts by thread?
>
> <snip>

Oh! At first I though you were 'talking' to me. Then I saw it was
meant for Harrison. He's in the bin so it looked like you replied to
me.

Also it also helps because not all messages get propagated and it would
be nice to know who he was replying to and exactly about what. Or the
prior message gets dropped off a server... etc.

--

<HCFTH>