Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Best British comedy

Best British comedy

ICee

Brian H wrote:
> Rob K said:
>
>> Which British comedy was the best :
>> http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/
>>
>> I've voted for Blackadder. AbFab and the Vicar are numbers two and
>> three in my personal top-10, but bear in mind that some accents and
>> expressions easily confuse me.
>>
>> A quote from Blackadder, whilst adressing the Queen:
>> BA : "My love for you is like a broken pencil"
>> Q : (confused) "Tell me how?"
>> BA : "pointless"

> Red Dwarf

I'll second that!

Douglas Adams

SgtMinor

Yes, Minister.

Rob K wrote:

> Which British comedy was the best :
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/
>
> I've voted for Blackadder. AbFab and the Vicar are numbers two and
> three in my personal top-10, but bear in mind that some accents and
> expressions easily confuse me.
>
> A quote from Blackadder, whilst adressing the Queen:
> BA : "My love for you is like a broken pencil"
> Q : (confused) "Tell me how?"
> BA : "pointless"
>
> --
> My E-mail address in ROT-13:

Mark

Only Fools and Horses has to be number 1,
+ Father Ted ,
and from the new ones how about 'My Family'
or possibly '2.4 Children'

"SgtMinor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
> Yes, Minister.
>
> Rob K wrote:
> >
> > Which British comedy was the best :
> > http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/
> >
> > I've voted for Blackadder. AbFab and the Vicar are numbers two and
> > three in my personal top-10, but bear in mind that some accents and
> > expressions easily confuse me.
> >
> > A quote from Blackadder, whilst adressing the Queen:
> > BA : "My love for you is like a broken pencil"
> > Q : (confused) "Tell me how?"
> > BA : "pointless"
> >
> > --
> > My E-mail address in ROT-13:
> > (E-Mail Removed)

Rick Shaw

Ronnie Barker and David Jason in "Open all Hours", absolutely brilliant
comedy.

Bryan

"Rick Shaw" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c09Mb.16744$(E-Mail Removed)
> Ronnie Barker and David Jason in "Open all Hours", absolutely
> brilliant comedy.

Or "Porrige"

trout

Brian H wrote:

> Rob K said:
>
>> Which British comedy was the best :
>> http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/
>>
>> I've voted for Blackadder. AbFab and the Vicar are numbers two and
>> three in my personal top-10, but bear in mind that some accents and
>> expressions easily confuse me.
>>
>> A quote from Blackadder, whilst adressing the Queen:
>> BA : "My love for you is like a broken pencil"
>> Q : (confused) "Tell me how?"
>> BA : "pointless"

> Red Dwarf

I'd agree; if it were a 'sit-com'. I'm not sure what it was; but I'm
pretty sure it wasn't that (at least by definition).
My perspective is one of the potat- um, television afficionado. So;
there simply weren't enough Faulty Towers' made to bear the brunt of
"favourite" status. Ab/Fab was also good, but light fare, that didn't
often have me going back for seconds.
So, the default has to go to Blackadder; for both the content, and
the whimsical mystery of which 'series year' would be shown, when, by
the CBC here in the Colonies.
--
"To be fair, a couple on the list might not have been shown here at all;
and none really supported by any promotion to speak of."

William Poaster

It was on Sat, 10 Jan 2004 20:34:05 -0600, just as I was halfway through a
large jam doughnut, that Mara wrote:

> On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 01:32:49 +0100, Rob K wrote:
>
>>Which British comedy was the best :
>>http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/
>>
>>I've voted for Blackadder. AbFab and the Vicar are numbers two and
>>three in my personal top-10, but bear in mind that some accents and
>>expressions easily confuse me.

> I'd have to take Fawlty Towers. I just loved to see what was on the sign in
> front every time. And I'm a BIG John Cleese fan. LOL

Yes! LOL
There has been a complete rerun of the Red Dwarf series on BBC2. It was
one of the funniest comedy series, IMHO. The characters were terrific!
Rimmer : Step up to Red Alert!
Kryten : Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.

--
Linux User #: 305646. http://counter.li.org/
Using linux at home, since 1998

trout

William Poaster wrote:

> It was on Sat, 10 Jan 2004 20:34:05 -0600, just as I was halfway
> through a large jam doughnut, that Mara wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 01:32:49 +0100, Rob K wrote:
>>
>>> Which British comedy was the best :
>>> http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/
>>>
>>> I've voted for Blackadder. AbFab and the Vicar are numbers two and
>>> three in my personal top-10, but bear in mind that some accents and
>>> expressions easily confuse me.

>> I'd have to take Fawlty Towers. I just loved to see what was on the
>> sign in front every time. And I'm a BIG John Cleese fan. LOL

> Yes! LOL
> There has been a complete rerun of the Red Dwarf series on BBC2. It
> was
> one of the funniest comedy series, IMHO. The characters were
> terrific! Rimmer : Step up to Red Alert!
> Kryten : Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.

Oddly enough; the best 'showing' of Red dwarf I've seen 'from here'
is from the (American) PBS network which, for years, had a 'season
marathon' each year on their Seattle station as their pledge drive.
--
"It's a wonderful world."

William Poaster

It was on Sun, 11 Jan 2004 03:43:10 -0800, just as I was halfway through a
large jam doughnut, that trout wrote:

> William Poaster wrote:
>
>> It was on Sat, 10 Jan 2004 20:34:05 -0600, just as I was halfway
>> through a large jam doughnut, that Mara wrote:

>>> I'd have to take Fawlty Towers. I just loved to see what was on the
>>> sign in front every time. And I'm a BIG John Cleese fan. LOL

>> Yes! LOL
>> There has been a complete rerun of the Red Dwarf series on BBC2. It
>> was
>> one of the funniest comedy series, IMHO. The characters were
>> terrific! Rimmer : Step up to Red Alert!
>> Kryten : Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.

> Oddly enough; the best 'showing' of Red dwarf I've seen 'from here'
> is from the (American) PBS network which, for years, had a 'season
> marathon' each year on their Seattle station as their pledge drive.

I keep hoping they ( the BBC ) will make another series, but no signs yet.
IIRC, the last episode of series 8, gave some idea that another would be
made....

[A black screen; a steady wind can be heard, blowing gently. Fade up the
words:

"THE END"

[After a few moments, the letters are deleted, making way for a replacement
message: ....or is it?]

--
Linux User #: 305646. http://counter.li.org/
Using linux at home, since 1998
SuSE Linux Pro 9.0

Bryan

"Bryan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bA9Mb.862$(E-Mail Removed)
> "Rick Shaw" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:c09Mb.16744$(E-Mail Removed)
>> Ronnie Barker and David Jason in "Open all Hours", absolutely
>> brilliant comedy.

> Or "Porrige"

or Porridge <sigh>

FA: ELECTION Reese Witherspoon great black comedy CHEAP! Dionwr Anfoddion DVD Video 0 07-08-2004 06:43 PM
Comedy Central mail list - I can't get them to unsubscribe me!! Pauline Johnson Computer Support 5 03-05-2004 01:54 AM
Comedy Show Nick DVD Video 1 02-03-2004 01:48 PM
The Sonny & Cher Comedy Hour on DVD susan DVD Video 2 11-13-2003 07:12 AM
"The Office" Season 1 on DVD: BBC Comedy Shane Gould DVD Video 1 10-04-2003 11:07 PM

Advertisments