Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Best British comedy

Best British comedy

Rob K

Which British comedy was the best :
http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/

I've voted for Blackadder. AbFab and the Vicar are numbers two and
three in my personal top-10, but bear in mind that some accents and
expressions easily confuse me.

A quote from Blackadder, whilst adressing the Queen:
BA : "My love for you is like a broken pencil"
Q : (confused) "Tell me how?"
BA : "pointless"

--
My E-mail address in ROT-13:

James Mourby

"Rob K" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) valid...
> Which British comedy was the best :
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/
>
> I've voted for Blackadder. AbFab and the Vicar are numbers two and
> three in my personal top-10, but bear in mind that some accents and
> expressions easily confuse me.
>
> A quote from Blackadder, whilst adressing the Queen:
> BA : "My love for you is like a broken pencil"
> Q : (confused) "Tell me how?"
> BA : "pointless"
>
> --
> My E-mail address in ROT-13:
> (E-Mail Removed)

I'll assume thats an accent thing... i beleive its "Life without you
ma'am... is like a broken pencil." :OD

Ionizer

"Rob K" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) valid...
> Which British comedy was the best :
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/
>
> I've voted for Blackadder. AbFab and the Vicar are numbers two and
> three in my personal top-10, but bear in mind that some accents and
> expressions easily confuse me.

Fawlty Towers.
(Or was that "flowery twats?")

What other series, from ANY country, of only *twelve* episodes (!) is so
enduring, and still so genuinely funny as long as 30 (!) years after its
original run?

Regards,
Ian.

Rob K

Ionizer wrote:
<snipped>

> What other series, from ANY country, of only *twelve* episodes (!) is so
> enduring, and still so genuinely funny as long as 30 (!) years after its
> original run?

Good point. It's just a matter of personal preference.
John Cleese IMHO has written a piece of history with his
'impersonation' of Nazi's and the beauty of it lies in the
simplicity... Also, there's a scene in A fish called Wanda, where he's
upside down hanging from a window ... and the movie where he plays the
'award-winning' head-master, and Monty Python, and, and, and ...

--
My E-mail address in ROT-13:
(E-Mail Removed)

Rob K

James Mourby wrote:
> "Rob K" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) valid...
>> Which British comedy was the best :
>> http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/
>>
>> I've voted for Blackadder. AbFab and the Vicar are numbers two and
>> three in my personal top-10, but bear in mind that some accents and
>> expressions easily confuse me.
>>
>> A quote from Blackadder, whilst adressing the Queen:
>> BA : "My love for you is like a broken pencil"
>> Q : (confused) "Tell me how?"
>> BA : "pointless"
>>
>> --
>> My E-mail address in ROT-13:
>> (E-Mail Removed)

> I'll assume thats an accent thing... i beleive its "Life without you
> ma'am... is like a broken pencil." :OD

Believe

--
My E-mail address in ROT-13:
(E-Mail Removed)

enjay

I sat for several minutes trying to decide.
Should it be Blackadder or Fawlty Towers. Very difficult decision.

In the end.....Blackadder.

"Rob K" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) valid...
> Which British comedy was the best :
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/
>
> I've voted for Blackadder. AbFab and the Vicar are numbers two and
> three in my personal top-10, but bear in mind that some accents and
> expressions easily confuse me.
>
> A quote from Blackadder, whilst adressing the Queen:
> BA : "My love for you is like a broken pencil"
> Q : (confused) "Tell me how?"
> BA : "pointless"
>
> --
> My E-mail address in ROT-13:
> (E-Mail Removed)

Mara

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 01:32:49 +0100, Rob K wrote:

>Which British comedy was the best :
>http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/
>
>I've voted for Blackadder. AbFab and the Vicar are numbers two and
>three in my personal top-10, but bear in mind that some accents and
>expressions easily confuse me.

I'd have to take Fawlty Towers. I just loved to see what was on the sign in
front every time. And I'm a BIG John Cleese fan. LOL

--
Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character.
--Albert Einstein

Joe

Best British comedy....Benny Hill

Brian H

Rob K said:

> Which British comedy was the best :
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/
>
> I've voted for Blackadder. AbFab and the Vicar are numbers two and
> three in my personal top-10, but bear in mind that some accents and
> expressions easily confuse me.
>
> A quote from Blackadder, whilst adressing the Queen:
> BA : "My love for you is like a broken pencil"
> Q : (confused) "Tell me how?"
> BA : "pointless"

Red Dwarf

Cathy Friedmann

The Good Life (aka Good Neighbors).

Cathy

("The Boy in the Bubble") Paul Simon

"Rob K" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) valid...
> Which British comedy was the best :
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/
>
> I've voted for Blackadder. AbFab and the Vicar are numbers two and
> three in my personal top-10, but bear in mind that some accents and
> expressions easily confuse me.
>
> A quote from Blackadder, whilst adressing the Queen:
> BA : "My love for you is like a broken pencil"
> Q : (confused) "Tell me how?"
> BA : "pointless"
>
> --
> My E-mail address in ROT-13:
> (E-Mail Removed)

FA: ELECTION Reese Witherspoon great black comedy CHEAP! Dionwr Anfoddion DVD Video 0 07-08-2004 06:43 PM
Comedy Central mail list - I can't get them to unsubscribe me!! Pauline Johnson Computer Support 5 03-05-2004 01:54 AM
Comedy Show Nick DVD Video 1 02-03-2004 01:48 PM
The Sonny & Cher Comedy Hour on DVD susan DVD Video 2 11-13-2003 07:12 AM
"The Office" Season 1 on DVD: BBC Comedy Shane Gould DVD Video 1 10-04-2003 11:07 PM

Advertisments