Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Mising mnessages?

Mising mnessages?

vascat

Some times when I go to download
messages, at first a figure like 2 or 3 will appear beside my address, which
then changes to something less, say 1 or even 0, which is all I get.

Please, why does this happen?

SLP

"vascat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Some times when I go to download
> messages, at first a figure like 2 or 3 will appear beside my address,

which
> then changes to something less, say 1 or even 0, which is all I get.
>
> Please, why does this happen?

It may be an email from someone you've added to the 'blocked senders' list -
it's download from the server, but then deleted by your email program.

SLP

Irony Alert

"vascat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Some times when I go to download
> messages, at first a figure like 2 or 3 will appear beside my address,

which
> then changes to something less, say 1 or even 0, which is all I get.
>
> Please, why does this happen?

That's your killfile at work.

--

The Usenet Irony Alert
Serving alt.fan.art-bell since 2003

Felony case "02-CR-0617 9/1/03: Oregon Department of
Justice V. Raymond Ronald Karczewski, Defendant.

"The defendant's name is NOT copyrighted."

Cathy Friedmann

"vascat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Some times when I go to download
> messages, at first a figure like 2 or 3 will appear beside my address,

which
> then changes to something less, say 1 or even 0, which is all I get.
>
> Please, why does this happen?

If you have some senders in your filter/killfile, that's what's happening.
It's deleting themfor you.

And/or... if you're talking about just news groups, then it may also be your
news server: that it's dropping posts.

Cathy

("The Boy in the Bubble") Paul Simon