Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > computer restarting problem

computer restarting problem

Alex Baxendale

i have an onld pentium 3 based computer 650mhz. and am recently expriencing
it going into power save mode and sometimes restarts its self about 2 mims
after turning it on! i have reinstalled windows and reset the bios but that
hasnt worked!!
i'm wondering if it could be a overheating problem?????

any ideas are very very welcome!!!!!!

thanks!
alex

Murray

I had almost the same thing happening with my computer, and it was cured by
replacing the power supply. Could be the problem. Before that, run MSCONFIG
and make sure you don't have any suspicious or unnecessary programs starting
up with Windows.

Murray

news:BnxLb.647$(E-Mail Removed)...