Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Outlook 2002 Contacts

Outlook 2002 Contacts

When I start a new email and click the 'TO' button, I get an error which
says, 'The address list could not be displayed. The contacts folders
associated with this address list could not be opened; it may have been
moved or deleted, or you do not have permissions. For information on how to
remove this folder from the Outlook Address book, see Microsoft Outlook
Help.' When I click OK on this, I get a window, headed select names. This
window does not however have any names to select, until I click the down
arrow on the field headed 'Show names from the :.....' and change this to
'contacts'. I can't seem to get any advice from the help screens.

Any Clues

Thanks

Liz

Follow the instructions on this page.
Error if You Use Your Contacts to Address a New Message
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=319901
Restart Outlook for these changes to take effect.

<Jonathan@> wrote
> When I start a new email and click the 'TO' button, I get an error which
> says, 'The address list could not be displayed. The contacts folders
> associated with this address list could not be opened; it may have been
> moved or deleted, or you do not have permissions. For information on how to
> remove this folder from the Outlook Address book, see Microsoft Outlook
> Help.' When I click OK on this, I get a window, headed select names. This
> window does not however have any names to select, until I click the down
> arrow on the field headed 'Show names from the :.....' and change this to
> 'contacts'. I can't seem to get any advice from the help screens.
>
> Any Clues
>
> Thanks

Spider

> When I start a new email and click the 'TO' button, I get an error which
> says, 'The address list could not be displayed. The contacts folders
> associated with this address list could not be opened; it may have been
> moved or deleted, or you do not have permissions. For information on how to
> remove this folder from the Outlook Address book, see Microsoft Outlook
> Help.' When I click OK on this, I get a window, headed select names. This
> window does not however have any names to select, until I click the down
> arrow on the field headed 'Show names from the :.....' and change this to
> 'contacts'. I can't seem to get any advice from the help screens.
>
> Any Clues
>
> Thanks

Open up the address book using the icon on the toolbar. In the address book click on Tools / Options. Click the down arrow in the top section and choose Contacts. Then do the same in the section section. In the third section if you do not already see contacts listed, click Add and add it. Close the options window and test. It should fix your problem.

Spider
http://web.tampabay.rr.com/spider1