Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Active Directory

Active Directory

John Bahran

I installed Win 2K server, but when I try to install AD it says it
cannot reach the network location and that I need to install DNS. When
I try to install DNS it won't let me and says the same thing. Please
help.

Harrison

http://tinyurl.com/yt675

On 8 Jan 2004 15:52:41 -0800, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (John Bahran)
wrote:

>I installed Win 2K server, but when I try to install AD it says it
>cannot reach the network location and that I need to install DNS. When
>I try to install DNS it won't let me and says the same thing. Please
>help.

Thund3rstruck_N0i

John Bahran spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed in
<(E-Mail Removed) >

> I installed Win 2K server, but when I try to install AD it says it
> cannot reach the network location and that I need to install DNS. When
> I try to install DNS it won't let me and says the same thing. Please
> help.

Long story short, plug the network card into a hub/switch or use a
crossover cable. AD will not install otherwise...

NOI