Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > hotmail problem

hotmail problem

Werner

We have three computers networked at home. My daughter for some unknown
reason, has not been able to log in to hotmail for the last 5 days or so.
Yet she can log in from my computer. We have no idea why.

I have deleted her cookies, emptied her cache, yet the problem still
persists. The error we get from her comptuer consistenly is that either the
login doesn't exist or the psswrod is wrong.

Yet we have checked that again and again. And as I've said, the log in works
from my computer. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening?

She is using Win 98 on the computer that can't log in, I am using XP.

Iceman

"Werner" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:1GkLb.40197$(E-Mail Removed) ble.rogers.com...
> We have three computers networked at home. My daughter for some unknown
> reason, has not been able to log in to hotmail for the last 5 days or so.
> Yet she can log in from my computer. We have no idea why.
>
> I have deleted her cookies, emptied her cache, yet the problem still
> persists. The error we get from her comptuer consistenly is that either

the
> login doesn't exist or the psswrod is wrong.
>
> Yet we have checked that again and again. And as I've said, the log in

works
> from my computer. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening?
>
> She is using Win 98 on the computer that can't log in, I am using XP.

You must have cookies enabled to be able to log into Hotmail.

Anyway, she could have spyware installed. Scan the system with Ad-aware or
SpybotS&D.

Ad-aware: http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
SpybotS&D: http://security.kolla.de/

Werner

Cookies are enabled.

I will try the adaware.

> You must have cookies enabled to be able to log into Hotmail.
>
> Anyway, she could have spyware installed. Scan the system with Ad-aware or
> SpybotS&D.
>
> Ad-aware: http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
> SpybotS&D: http://security.kolla.de/

Trai' La Trash

Just 4 grins
http://www.hotmailsucks.com/ take a look

Trai'
"Werner" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:7qpLb.37010$(E-Mail Removed) e.rogers.com...
> Cookies are enabled.
>
> I will try the adaware.
>

> > You must have cookies enabled to be able to log into Hotmail.
> >
> > Anyway, she could have spyware installed. Scan the system with Ad-aware

or
> > SpybotS&D.
> >
> > Ad-aware: http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
> > SpybotS&D: http://security.kolla.de/

m1n1

On Thu, 08 Jan 2004 22:17:33 GMT, "Werner" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>We have three computers networked at home. My daughter for some unknown
>reason, has not been able to log in to hotmail for the last 5 days or so.
>Yet she can log in from my computer. We have no idea why.
>
>I have deleted her cookies, emptied her cache, yet the problem still
>persists. The error we get from her comptuer consistenly is that either the
>login doesn't exist or the psswrod is wrong.
>
>Yet we have checked that again and again. And as I've said, the log in works
>from my computer. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening?
>
>She is using Win 98 on the computer that can't log in, I am using XP.

Have you got the right date installed on your daugters computer?
Not like a few months back because of a trial period, that can make a
difference....