Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Alcatel Speedtouch and Openworld Broadband

Alcatel Speedtouch and Openworld Broadband

Andy Archard

Any ideas, anyone? I have Win ME, and a BT Openworld broadband
connection with Alcatel Speedtouch. Hve had system over 2 years, but
recently the conection can get knocked out. No obvious pattern, can go
days with no probs, but at its worst I can be knocked offline every 5
minutes. Reconnect will not work - error message says "no dialtone", so
each time I'm knocked out means I have to reboot. Could the BT line
quality be to blame, or is a software conflict more likely? Any
comments much appreciated!

tim

"Andy Archard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:btkhgi$lu7$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Any ideas, anyone? I have Win ME, and a BT Openworld broadband
> connection with Alcatel Speedtouch. Hve had system over 2 years, but
> recently the conection can get knocked out. No obvious pattern, can go
> days with no probs, but at its worst I can be knocked offline every 5
> minutes. Reconnect will not work - error message says "no dialtone", so
> each time I'm knocked out means I have to reboot. Could the BT line
> quality be to blame, or is a software conflict more likely? Any
> comments much appreciated!

Have you checked the service statue recently.

Pass few days, they were experience some techinical problems. I had the same
problem today right up to 5 hours ago where everything was as normal.

Colin Meredith

"Andy Archard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:btkhgi$lu7$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Any ideas, anyone? I have Win ME, and a BT Openworld broadband
> connection with Alcatel Speedtouch.

Have you updated the software from the Thompson (Alcatel) Speedtouch
website....there are at least two updated versions, v. 1.6 and v.2.01.

Colin Meredith.