Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Problem sending Email

Problem sending Email

WAYNE SHELTON

I noticed another user is having the same problem I am having. The error
message is "your email message was unable to sent because your mail server
rejected the sender". I am using Outlook Express. If I go on Verizon's
website and use Email & More, I can send using my user name and password. I
have tried to send mail on Outlook and Outlook express. I can receive but
cannot send Email. I called Verizon support and talked with Ted. We checked
all settings. They are okay. My Symantec notice list as possible problems:
The mail server is overloaded and unable to send your mail and Your username
or password was rejected by your mail server. Ted checked and he could not
find a problem. Need help!!

Wayne Shelton

°Mike°

You probably need to set server authentication in O.E.

On Thu, 08 Jan 2004 18:40:52 GMT, in
<UuhLb.7729$(E-Mail Removed)>
WAYNE SHELTON scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Spider

> I noticed another user is having the same problem I am having. The error
> message is "your email message was unable to sent because your mail server
> rejected the sender". I am using Outlook Express. If I go on Verizon's
> website and use Email & More, I can send using my user name and password. I
> have tried to send mail on Outlook and Outlook express. I can receive but
> cannot send Email. I called Verizon support and talked with Ted. We checked
> all settings. They are okay. My Symantec notice list as possible problems:
> The mail server is overloaded and unable to send your mail and Your username
> or password was rejected by your mail server. Ted checked and he could not
> find a problem. Need help!!
>
> Wayne Shelton

Your settings are not OK. If they were, your email would be working. Do you have mail scanning turned on in your anti-virus software? Have you tried turning it off? Personally, I'd be thinking about moving to an ISP that can support their email system.

Spider
http://web.tampabay.rr.com/spider1