Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Registry Problem

Registry Problem

TPW

I have an intermittent problem,which has been going on for ages. Every so
often, for no apparent reason Windows XP takes ages, up to 25 seconds to
shutdown from the "windows is shutting down" message. I have now found that
by making a backup of the registry when windows is ok (using winrescue xp )
and restoring the good copy of the registry, when it goes wrong, I can
overcome this problem.
Anyone have any ideas why the registry goes wrong in the first place, or any
other opinions on this problem.I would be glad to hear them

Regards Tom.....

°Mike°

Nowhere in this post, do I see evidence that the registry is at fault.

On Thu, 8 Jan 2004 18:24:57 -0000, in
<0ghLb.382$(E-Mail Removed)>
TPW scrawled:

--