Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Inbox mail is going to Delete File

Inbox mail is going to Delete File

Jo M

Hi,

I've used the message rules to send repeater spams directly to the delete
file.. When I go to empty the file there are the posts that I've deleted
along with the ones that have been filtered. In the past few days quite a
few of my regular e-mails have been going there. So now I have to check
the file to move the 'good' mail back to the Inbox, which is a nuisance. I
checked the list of blocked senders and the create-a-rule list and none of
the names accidentally got on those lists. I have OE6 and windowsXP. Can
anyone help me with this problem?

Jo

joevan

On Thu, 8 Jan 2004 01:49:55 -0500, "Jo M" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> When I go to empty the file there are the posts that I've deleted
>along with the ones that have been filtered.

snipped rest.

You are not making yourself clear. You deleted mail and now you are
surprised to see them in the deleted folder? Is that right?
If so what is the real problem.?
Am I missing something?
joevan

Brian H

Jo M said:

> Hi,
>
> I've used the message rules to send repeater spams directly to the delete
> file.. When I go to empty the file there are the posts that I've deleted
> along with the ones that have been filtered. In the past few days quite a
> few of my regular e-mails have been going there. So now I have to check
> the file to move the 'good' mail back to the Inbox, which is a nuisance. I
> checked the list of blocked senders and the create-a-rule list and none of
> the names accidentally got on those lists. I have OE6 and windowsXP. Can
> anyone help me with this problem?
>
> Jo

Try adding "Stop processing more rules" to *each* of your rules, see if that
makes a difference.