Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > mozilla

mozilla

BuffNET Tech Support - MichaelJ

sandra wrote:

> Does anyone know which is better to use in the long run-- Mozilla
> or IE as a browser default?--charlie

To add to what "why?" said....

MSIE / MSOE is a volitile combination from a security perspective as
well. Ask anyone who'se had to clean up a viral system, and they'll
likely tell you they missed a Critical Update about IE... whereas
Mozilla is *hugely* less bug-prone. (Nothing's 100%, but DAMN! Its
pretty damned good.)

BuffNET Technical Support Supervisor
(BEHOLD! The power of the BOFH!)

B.Al.Zeebub

On Thu, 08 Jan 2004 08:50:13 -0600, Be.Al.Zeebub read and pondered:

> Does anyone know which is better to use in the long run-- Mozilla
> or IE as a browser default?--charlie

The aptly named Konqueror. Penguinistas try this trick: Window > Split
view Left/Right. Click on a pane to make it active. Play time. Multiply
the fun with tabs.

--
B.Al.Zeebub
Registered Linux User #339345

jimpgh2002

On 08 Jan 2004 19:26:27 GMT, Boomer <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>"Kenny Cargill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>news:btkakr$87d01$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de:
>
>> Anyone using this yet? Current issue of Computer Active gives it
>> a good review.
>> http://www.avantbrowser.com/
>>
>> --
>>
>> Kenny

>Isn't that just a shell for IE?

Yes, it adds Tabs, among other things. I'm torn between it &
Firebird.
I'm running Avant 9.01 Beta 1 at the moment...pretty stable, but hangs
occassionally.

Boomer

jimpgh2002 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> On 08 Jan 2004 19:26:27 GMT, Boomer <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>>"Kenny Cargill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>>news:btkakr$87d01$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de:
>>
>>> Anyone using this yet? Current issue of Computer Active gives
>>> it a good review.
>>> http://www.avantbrowser.com/
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> Kenny

>>Isn't that just a shell for IE?
>>

> Yes, it adds Tabs, among other things. I'm torn between it &
> Firebird.
> I'm running Avant 9.01 Beta 1 at the moment...pretty stable, but
> hangs occassionally.

I prefer something thats being developed daily. I'll stick with Moz!

Blinky the Shark

sandra wrote:

> Does anyone know which is better to use in the long run-- Mozilla
> or IE as a browser default?--charlie

Mozilla, in the long run, the medium run and the short run.

--
Blinky Registered Linux User #297263

Blinky the Shark

B.Al.Zeebub wrote:

> On Thu, 08 Jan 2004 08:50:13 -0600, Be.Al.Zeebub read and pondered:
>
>> Does anyone know which is better to use in the long run-- Mozilla
>> or IE as a browser default?--charlie

> The aptly named Konqueror. Penguinistas try this trick: Window > Split
> view Left/Right. Click on a pane to make it active. Play time. Multiply
> the fun with tabs.

Speaking of the aptly named Konqueror -- for the *non*-Penguinistas,
check out the dropdown for "Location" on the main menu. Now imagine a MS
product offering choices like these other browsers for opening that URL.
Of course they never will -- they'd be scared to.

http://blinkynet.net/screens/choices.jpg

--

michael turner wrote:

>>Does anyone know which is better to use in the long run-- Mozilla
>>or IE as a browser default?

> Opera.

I'm surprised no one's mentioned either IBrowse or Lynx yet.

(E-Mail Removed)