Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > mozilla

mozilla

sandra

Does anyone know which is better to use in the long run-- Mozilla
or IE as a browser default?--charlie

MrToad

"sandra" <(E-Mail Removed)> Ran in the back door and shouted
news(E-Mail Removed):

> Does anyone know which is better to use in the long run-- Mozilla
> or IE as a browser default?--charlie

Depends on what YOU want.
Since I use Mozilla the most, it's my default.
How you set yours up is completely up to you.

--
MrToad

jtw

On Thu, 8 Jan 2004 08:50:13 -0600, "sandra" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Does anyone know which is better to use in the long run-- Mozilla
>or IE as a browser default?--charlie

I've been using Firebird for months now. Faster and more stable than
IE. I use it 99% of the time. There are a few pages, my helpdesk
software, that does not work correctly with Firebird. Don't mind
having to use IE for only a handful of sites.

jtw

--
UsenetRocket.com
http://www.UsenetRocket.com

michael turner

sandra wrote:
> Does anyone know which is better to use in the long run-- Mozilla
> or IE as a browser default?

Opera.

Boomer

"sandra" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in newsaKdnQCDcKGO82CiRVn-

> Does anyone know which is better to use in the long run-- Mozilla
> or IE as a browser default?--charlie

Mozilla.
Nice popup killer, cookie manager and much more.

Unknown

Stick with a Microsoft product---------------IE.
"michael turner" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3WfLb.127$(E-Mail Removed)...
> sandra wrote:
> > Does anyone know which is better to use in the long run-- Mozilla
> > or IE as a browser default?

> Opera.

Skorpion (CET)

Boomer <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:3ffd9963$0$5123$(E-Mail Removed) eenews.net:

> "sandra" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in newsaKdnQCDcKGO82CiRVn-
> (E-Mail Removed):
>
>> Does anyone know which is better to use in the long run-- Mozilla
>> or IE as a browser default?--charlie

> Mozilla.
> Nice popup killer, cookie manager and much more.

And, to break the apparent tie, I will weigh in with one more vote for
Mozilla. Obviously, less often hijacked than IE. I find it more useable,
faster, and less cumbersome than Opera.

Note: Opinions expressed here are my own and I expect them to be treated as
such. I will *not* engage in the commonly argumentative-type discussion
concerning the relative merits of each available browser.

--
Skorpion (CET)

I went to the store the other day to buy a bolt for our front door,
for as I told the storekeeper, the governor was coming here. "Aye,"
said he, "and the Legislature, too." "Then I will take two bolts,"
said I. He said that there had been a steady demand for bolts and
locks of late, for our protectors were coming.
--Henry David Thoreau

Kenny Cargill

Anyone using this yet? Current issue of Computer Active gives it a good
review.
http://www.avantbrowser.com/

--

Kenny

"Cigarettes are killers that travel in packs."

news:3ffd9963$0$5123$(E-Mail Removed) eenews.net...
> "sandra" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in newsaKdnQCDcKGO82CiRVn-
> (E-Mail Removed):
>
> > Does anyone know which is better to use in the long run-- Mozilla
> > or IE as a browser default?--charlie

> Mozilla.
> Nice popup killer, cookie manager and much more.

Boomer

"Kenny Cargill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:btkakr$87d01$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de:

> Anyone using this yet? Current issue of Computer Active gives it
> a good review.
> http://www.avantbrowser.com/
>
> --
>
> Kenny

Isn't that just a shell for IE?

> "Boomer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

>> "sandra" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in newsaKdnQCDcKGO82CiRVn-
>> (E-Mail Removed):
>>
>> > Does anyone know which is better to use in the long run--
>> > Mozilla or IE as a browser default?--charlie

>> Mozilla.
>> Nice popup killer, cookie manager and much more.

why?

On Thu, 8 Jan 2004 08:50:13 -0600, sandra wrote:

>Does anyone know which is better to use in the long run-- Mozilla
>or IE as a browser default?--charlie

Depends what you mean by 'better'?

Mozilla used 99% of time, IE used for online ordering as some online
shopping scripts have working 'reset form' buttons which work in all
browsers. However the sumbit button is usually scripted badly and is
broken except in IE.

My scrolling screen capture app also works in MSIE better, so when
ordering I get captures of the transaction in 1 bit rather than
sections.

Me