Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Trouble programming Cisco Aironet 1100 as wireless repeater

Trouble programming Cisco Aironet 1100 as wireless repeater

Mirken

I have a Cisco Aironet 1100 wireless access point that I want to use as a
wireless repeater.
I telneted into the WAP and followed the directions on the Cisco site
http://makeashorterlink.com/?K1E612FF6

When I go into the Netgear wireless router (that I want to be the parent
device) it is not showing the Cisco as a connected device. In the above step
I programmed into the WAP the SSID of the Netgear and its MAC address.

I have temporarily disabled all security on the Netgear such as WEP and MAC
connections so the Netgear is wide open.

Anyone have any experience programming the Cisco WAPs?

Thanks