Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > .xls file problem

.xls file problem

L.D.

When I try to open an .xls file I get the message something like this,
can't open this file, make sure the path is correct or some components
may be missing.(something like that) If I go and open exel first then
to file, then browse to a file, then I can open it. I put an .xls file
on a floppy, took it on another computer and it would open it. I brought
it back to this computer and it still will not open it except from
withen exel. This just started happening. How can I fix this?

Liz

Follow the instructions unregister/re-register Excel.

XL: "Cannot Find the File" Error Message
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=296055

"L.D." wrote:
> When I try to open an .xls file I get the message something like this,
> can't open this file, make sure the path is correct or some components
> may be missing.(something like that) If I go and open exel first then
> to file, then browse to a file, then I can open it. I put an .xls file
> on a floppy, took it on another computer and it would open it. I brought
> it back to this computer and it still will not open it except from
> withen exel. This just started happening. How can I fix this?

Alexander Rogge

> When I try to open an .xls file I get the message something like this,
> can't open this file, make sure the path is correct or some components
> may be missing.(something like that) If I go and open exel first then
> to file, then browse to a file, then I can open it. I put an .xls file
> on a floppy, took it on another computer and it would open it. I brought
> it back to this computer and it still will not open it except from
> withen exel. This just started happening. How can I fix this?

http://www.openoffice.org/

L.D.

Liz wrote:

>Follow the instructions unregister/re-register Excel.
>
>XL: "Cannot Find the File" Error Message
>http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=296055
>
>"L.D." wrote:
>

>>When I try to open an .xls file I get the message something like this,
>>can't open this file, make sure the path is correct or some components
>>may be missing.(something like that) If I go and open exel first then
>>to file, then browse to a file, then I can open it. I put an .xls file
>>on a floppy, took it on another computer and it would open it. I brought
>>it back to this computer and it still will not open it except from
>>withen exel. This just started happening. How can I fix this?

Liz,
It worked. Thanks a million
L.D.