Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Install windows xp but saving my win98 programs folder

Install windows xp but saving my win98 programs folder

Chuck S

I am running win98se but want to put xp on here . A clean install . But many
of my programs I no longer have all the installation disks to reinstall them
.. Although I have been told that with doing a clean install I cannot backup
my program folder and save them to after restore after my xp installation .
Now for the question . I use Vcom's system suite 5 as my virus scanner . It
has a feature that will allow me to backup a program and then move that
program to another computer . Could that or something else {if so what other
program would be recommended} like it be used to do what I want to do . Or
is it that many programs from the win98 era just will not work with xp .

Martik

The 'move' application should work but I would test it first. Also make a
backup of your win98 partition to another partition or CD just in case.