Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > mail addresses

mail addresses

miklol

I wish to change my email address(not a problem) but would like new ones for
post and mail. How do I separate them ie.
use one for newsgroups and one for general mail ?

Support Joe

"miklol" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsGXKb.18639$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I wish to change my email address(not a problem) but would like new ones

for
> post and mail. How do I separate them ie.
> use one for newsgroups and one for general mail ?

News groups is: -

Tools, Accounts, Mail, and add user.

Use your different name there for the news groups

i.e For mail http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) Or what ever it is

For news groups (E-Mail Removed) Your second account name.Or even one
that doesn't exist.

Gee

"miklol" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsGXKb.18639$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I wish to change my email address(not a problem) but would like new ones

for
> post and mail. How do I separate them ie.
> use one for newsgroups and one for general mail ?

I can see you are using OE6. Go to Tools-acounts, then choose either mail
or news. Then double click on account. In there you will see "e-mail
address". Just specify which addrtess will show to the other
person/newsgroup.

I must stress however that you shouldn;t really use a real address in the
newsgroups, so just fake it really, as lots of spammers use them for, well,
spam mail which is the last thing you need. Also you may wish to change a
display name for newsgroups as well.

Gee

trout

miklol wrote:

> I wish to change my email address(not a problem) but would like new
> ones for post and mail. How do I separate them ie.
> use one for newsgroups and one for general mail ?

Your news account *is* separate from mail. Just enter a different
address (different, munged, or fictitious) under Tools; Accounts; News
tab; Properties. Make sure the box to "Include this account when
checking for messages" is *not* checked.
--
"Your mail account will not be affected."

trout

Gee wrote:

> "miklol" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> newsGXKb.18639$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I wish to change my email address(not a problem) but would like new
>> ones for post and mail. How do I separate them ie.
>> use one for newsgroups and one for general mail ?
>>

> I can see you are using OE6. Go to Tools-acounts, then choose either
> mail or news. Then double click on account. In there you will see
> "e-mail address". Just specify which addrtess will show to the other
> person/newsgroup.
>
> I must stress however that you shouldn;t really use a real address in
> the newsgroups, so just fake it really, as lots of spammers use them
> for, well, spam mail which is the last thing you need. Also you may
> wish to change a display name for newsgroups as well.
>
> Gee

However; one should avoid using a valid domain name as a 'fake'.
Is this you?

Registrant:
Anything.com Ltd. (.ky)
P.O. Box 309 ,Ugland House
George Town, Grand Cayman
KY

Domain name: NOSPAM.COM
--
"A 'fake' address should end with '.invalid'."

Gee

> However; one should avoid using a valid domain name as a 'fake'.
> Is this you?

Nope. Made the e-mail address up years ago. I guess time for a change again.