Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Burning C D

Burning C D

Senti

not hereplease@not here.com did mumble
vUVKb.18925$(E-Mail Removed)...

> If I burn a C D on to a 80 minutes C D recordable but the C D only
> requires 40 minutes of space can I then at a later date record the
> remainder of the 40 minutes

Read the replies to your messages...

And it sounds to me that the best thing for you to do would be to rip the
first CD to your hard drive and save it until you have enough to fill the
CD...

Or just forget about the other 40 minutes...
--
~SF~
I take a simple view of life: keep your eyes open and get on with it.

Ralph Wade Phillips

Howdy!

"not hereplease@not here.com" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:7eVKb.19312$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can I burn only half of a C D such as 40 minutes out of 80 minutes then
> burn the remaining at another time.
> This would be C D recordables

As has been pointed out, not for music.

OTOH - a) CD/Rs are cheap. Just this week OfficeMax had Imations
100 CD-R spindles at 25USD, with a 25USD rebate.

b) If this is critical, then stage the files on the HD, burn a CD/RW
first, then build the rest of the CD-R and burn the CD-R when done. Erase
the CD/RW, and use it again.

RwP