Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Win-XP-Again

Win-XP-Again

simon

Further to my recent post(win xp)i am trying to get windows updates etc,it
will go to the page but show nothing on my screen with no errors etc,once
again is their settings i need to tweak,it is only this and the ntl homepage
i am having trouble with.
Many Thanks.

Sultan

simon wrote in news:a0RKb.19165$(E-Mail Removed):

> Further to my recent post(win xp)i am trying to get windows updates
> etc,it will go to the page but show nothing on my screen with no
> errors etc,once again is their settings i need to tweak,it is only
> this and the ntl homepage i am having trouble with.
> Many Thanks.

It sounds more like you have been infected with Blaster. Is your
svchost.exe the process that is taking up all the cpu time?

Since you just upgraded I would suggest starting over with a clean
install but BEFORE you try to update it you first install an Antivirus
(along with an updated definitions file), a firewall program and download
a little utility from Steve Gibsons site ( http://www.grc.com ) called
Dcombobulator and Dcombobulate your system. Only then are you safe from
the Blaster virus.

Good luck

Sultan