Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Simple Excel formula required

Simple Excel formula required

sunny

I have never really used Excel but im trying to work out a simple formula. I
am trying to make the cell (A2) enter the appropriate listing fees from ebay
depending on what is entered as the opening value price in another cell
(A1). Can anyone give me the formula cos my brains hurting.

cheers

Paul

'an amateur built the the Arc but a professional built the Titanic!'

Bobw

sunny wrote:

> I have never really used Excel but im trying to work out a simple formula.
> I am trying to make the cell (A2) enter the appropriate listing fees from
> ebay depending on what is entered as the opening value price in another
> cell (A1). Can anyone give me the formula cos my brains hurting.
>
> cheers
>
> Paul
>

> 'an amateur built the the Arc but a professional built the Titanic!'

Need more info... How is the fee(s) calculated?

sunny

0.01 - 0.99 fee =0.15
1.00 - 4.99 0.20
5.00 - 14.99 0.35
15.00 - 29.99 0.75
30.00 - 99.99 1.50
100.00 and up 2.00

thanx again

"Bobw" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> sunny wrote:
>
> > I have never really used Excel but im trying to work out a simple

formula.
> > I am trying to make the cell (A2) enter the appropriate listing fees

from
> > ebay depending on what is entered as the opening value price in another
> > cell (A1). Can anyone give me the formula cos my brains hurting.
> >
> > cheers
> >
> > Paul
> >

> > 'an amateur built the the Arc but a professional built the Titanic!'

> Need more info... How is the fee(s) calculated?

Martik

On Wed, 07 Jan 2004 00:12:49 +0000, sunny wrote:

> 0.01 - 0.99 fee =0.15
> 1.00 - 4.99 0.20
> 5.00 - 14.99 0.35
> 15.00 - 29.99 0.75
> 30.00 - 99.99 1.50
> 100.00 and up 2.00
>
> thanx again
>

> "Bobw" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> sunny wrote:
>>
>> > I have never really used Excel but im trying to work out a simple

> formula.
>> > I am trying to make the cell (A2) enter the appropriate listing fees

> from
>> > ebay depending on what is entered as the opening value price in another
>> > cell (A1). Can anyone give me the formula cos my brains hurting.
>> >
>> > cheers
>> >
>> > Paul
>> >

>> > 'an amateur built the the Arc but a professional built the Titanic!'

>> Need more info... How is the fee(s) calculated?

in A2 enter:
=if(a1<1;.15;if(a1<5;.2;if(a1<15;.35;if(a1<30;.75; if(a1<100;1.5;2)))))

Change the ";" to "," I am using Kspread in Linux right now

You can also use tables and a lookup function which would be easier to
maintain.

Aren't there also percentages to calc for ebay fees?

Sano

This is a plain text ng. No attachments.

"bee" <(E-Mail Removed)> spluttered in
news:btfss6$(E-Mail Removed):