Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Windows Scheduler Query

Windows Scheduler Query

Sil-Mon Li

Hi there,

Now with broadband I can tune a radio station on the internet, I would like
to schedule it to come on at a certain time. I have saved the web page to
my favourites but how do I schedule it to come on at 7.00 in the morning? I
know I could set it as my home page and then schedule IE to come on at
7.00am but is there another way to open IE and then open the page I want to
open?

Thanks in advance

Sil

DataSpider

"Sil-Mon Li" <silmonli@(takethispartout)aol.com> wrote in message
news:4fHKb.18775$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi there,
>
> Now with broadband I can tune a radio station on the internet, I would

like
> to schedule it to come on at a certain time. I have saved the web page to
> my favourites but how do I schedule it to come on at 7.00 in the morning?

> know I could set it as my home page and then schedule IE to come on at
> 7.00am but is there another way to open IE and then open the page I want

> open?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Sil

Try: Start/run/cmd schtasks /? or Start/run/cmd at /? if you have
XP/2000/NT

Simon Browning

"Sil-Mon Li" <silmonli@(takethispartout)aol.com> wrote in message news:<4fHKb.18775$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Hi there,
>
> Now with broadband I can tune a radio station on the internet, I would like
> to schedule it to come on at a certain time. I have saved the web page to
> my favourites but how do I schedule it to come on at 7.00 in the morning? I
> know I could set it as my home page and then schedule IE to come on at
> 7.00am but is there another way to open IE and then open the page I want to
> open?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Sil

Right track.

Put internet explorer into your scheduler for 7 am, then go to the
properties of the item, and on the run line put the website you would
like it to open after the command, as in:

C:\PROGRA~1\INTERN~1\IEXPLORE.EXE http://radiostation.com

Simon

http://simonfixmycomputer.flyeronthewire.com

DataSpider

"Simon Browning" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> "Sil-Mon Li" <silmonli@(takethispartout)aol.com> wrote in message

news:<4fHKb.18775$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> > Hi there,
> >
> > Now with broadband I can tune a radio station on the internet, I would

like
> > to schedule it to come on at a certain time. I have saved the web page

> > my favourites but how do I schedule it to come on at 7.00 in the

morning? I
> > know I could set it as my home page and then schedule IE to come on at
> > 7.00am but is there another way to open IE and then open the page I want

> > open?
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> >
> > Sil

> Right track.
>
> Put internet explorer into your scheduler for 7 am, then go to the
> properties of the item, and on the run line put the website you would
> like it to open after the command, as in:
>
> C:\PROGRA~1\INTERN~1\IEXPLORE.EXE http://radiostation.com
>
> Simon
>
> http://simonfixmycomputer.flyeronthewire.com

Or make the webside to your startpage.