Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > VHS to Hard Drive

Reply
Thread Tools

VHS to Hard Drive

 
 
Tom & Cindy
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-06-2004
Hi All,
>
> I have an HP Media Center pc873n. I want to record my VHS tapes onto my
> hard drive and then possibly transfer them to DVD. Is this possible? I
> have XP Media Center Edition 2004-Version 5.1.2600.1321 and Sonic
> MyDVD-Version 3.5.2. This software came with the computer and HP has

given
> us the upgrades.
>
> Additionally, what do I need as far as hardware or software?
> Is there a good online guide that will get me going in the right direction
> with this? I have looked in the help info on the computer, at the

Microsoft
> Website, and at the HP website.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Cindy



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
DataSpider
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-06-2004

"Tom & Cindy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi All,
> >
> > I have an HP Media Center pc873n. I want to record my VHS tapes onto my
> > hard drive and then possibly transfer them to DVD. Is this possible? I
> > have XP Media Center Edition 2004-Version 5.1.2600.1321 and Sonic
> > MyDVD-Version 3.5.2. This software came with the computer and HP has

> given
> > us the upgrades.
> >
> > Additionally, what do I need as far as hardware or software?
> > Is there a good online guide that will get me going in the right

direction
> > with this? I have looked in the help info on the computer, at the

> Microsoft
> > Website, and at the HP website.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Cindy

>
>



http://www.dvdrhelp.com/



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Tom & Cindy
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-07-2004
Thanks, This looks to be just what the doctor ordered!

Thanks Again,

Cindy


"DataSpider" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:qRGKb.6609$7U1.71611@amstwist00...
>
> "Tom & Cindy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi All,
> > >
> > > I have an HP Media Center pc873n. I want to record my VHS tapes onto

my
> > > hard drive and then possibly transfer them to DVD. Is this possible?

I
> > > have XP Media Center Edition 2004-Version 5.1.2600.1321 and Sonic
> > > MyDVD-Version 3.5.2. This software came with the computer and HP has

> > given
> > > us the upgrades.
> > >
> > > Additionally, what do I need as far as hardware or software?
> > > Is there a good online guide that will get me going in the right

> direction
> > > with this? I have looked in the help info on the computer, at the

> > Microsoft
> > > Website, and at the HP website.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Cindy

> >
> >

>
>
> http://www.dvdrhelp.com/
>
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Tom & Cindy
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-07-2004
Hello again. I have my VCR hooked to the cable input and the cable hooked to
the VCR.I can watch TV but when I push play on the VCR the audio is ok but
the video goes on for a second then goes blank for a few seconds and so
on.Can anyone tell me what to do?Thanks again.




"Tom & Cindy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks, This looks to be just what the doctor ordered!
>
> Thanks Again,
>
> Cindy
>
>
> "DataSpider" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:qRGKb.6609$7U1.71611@amstwist00...
> >
> > "Tom & Cindy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Hi All,
> > > >
> > > > I have an HP Media Center pc873n. I want to record my VHS tapes

onto
> my
> > > > hard drive and then possibly transfer them to DVD. Is this

possible?
> I
> > > > have XP Media Center Edition 2004-Version 5.1.2600.1321 and Sonic
> > > > MyDVD-Version 3.5.2. This software came with the computer and HP

has
> > > given
> > > > us the upgrades.
> > > >
> > > > Additionally, what do I need as far as hardware or software?
> > > > Is there a good online guide that will get me going in the right

> > direction
> > > > with this? I have looked in the help info on the computer, at the
> > > Microsoft
> > > > Website, and at the HP website.
> > > >
> > > > Thanks,
> > > >
> > > > Cindy
> > >
> > >

> >
> >
> > http://www.dvdrhelp.com/
> >
> >
> >

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Boomer
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-07-2004
"Tom & Cindy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Hello again. I have my VCR hooked to the cable input and the cable
> hooked to the VCR.I can watch TV but when I push play on the VCR
> the audio is ok but the video goes on for a second then goes blank
> for a few seconds and so on.Can anyone tell me what to do?Thanks
> again.


Talking to yourself?

Highlight the person's message you wish to reply to.
Right click. Click on "Reply Group" icon.

Thank you.

> "Tom & Cindy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Thanks, This looks to be just what the doctor ordered!
>>
>> Thanks Again,
>>
>> Cindy
>>
>>
>> "DataSpider" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:qRGKb.6609$7U1.71611@amstwist00...
>> >
>> > "Tom & Cindy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > > Hi All,
>> > > >
>> > > > I have an HP Media Center pc873n. I want to record my VHS
>> > > > tapes

> onto
>> my
>> > > > hard drive and then possibly transfer them to DVD. Is this

> possible?
>> I
>> > > > have XP Media Center Edition 2004-Version 5.1.2600.1321 and
>> > > > Sonic MyDVD-Version 3.5.2. This software came with the
>> > > > computer and HP

> has
>> > > given
>> > > > us the upgrades.
>> > > >
>> > > > Additionally, what do I need as far as hardware or
>> > > > software? Is there a good online guide that will get me
>> > > > going in the right
>> > direction
>> > > > with this? I have looked in the help info on the computer,
>> > > > at the
>> > > Microsoft
>> > > > Website, and at the HP website.
>> > > >
>> > > > Thanks,
>> > > >
>> > > > Cindy
>> > >
>> > >
>> >
>> >
>> > http://www.dvdrhelp.com/


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Copy protected VHS to DVD and VHS Nataliye Media 0 03-18-2011 09:57 AM
-Barter. VHS cassettes. Bull Durham. O.J. Simpson trial. Original motion picture VHS cassettes. Don Saklad DVD Video 0 01-20-2007 06:57 AM
VHS to DVD stand-alone boxes - how to record 6 hr VHS tapes ? - Bobb - DVD Video 16 01-04-2007 09:21 PM
VHS -> Computer -> VHS a.d. NZ Computing 3 10-19-2005 07:28 AM
Digital VHS (D-VHS) Film Buff DVD Video 5 05-08-2004 06:59 PM



Advertisments