Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Reformat

Reformat

Jay Hebert

I would like to have a step-by-step method on how to reformat the hard
drive. I know it's a long process but I have no idea where to start. I was
told it had to be done.

merci beaucoup

jay

philo

"Jay Hebert" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I would like to have a step-by-step method on how to reformat the hard
> drive. I know it's a long process but I have no idea where to start. I

was
> told it had to be done.
>
> merci beaucoup
>
> jay

depends which OS

if you are using XP and want to reinstall
you can just boot with the cd and you will be given the option to format the
drive

if win98 you can use a cd support boot floppy
(before you format the drive, confirm that you can read your cd)
then issue the command format C:

Gordon BP

Jay Hebert wrote:

> I would like to have a step-by-step method on how to reformat the hard
> drive. I know it's a long process but I have no idea where to start. I
> was told it had to be done.
>
> merci beaucoup
>
> jay

Who told you, and what problems are you having that "MIGHT" be solved by a
reformat?

--
Linux User at Home since 8 October 2001
Registered Linux User no 240308

SgtMinor

Jay Hebert wrote:

> I would like to have a step-by-step method on how to reformat the hard
> drive. I know it's a long process but I have no idea where to start. I was
> told it had to be done.
>
> merci beaucoup
>
> jay

There are often more problems created with a re-format than are solved.
What's wrong with your system?