Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Having two network cards

Having two network cards

The Post

Is there any problem in having a wired network card and a wireless network
card in the same computer. Both are also connecting to the same network.

-post

Hywel Jenkins

In article <SOwKb.15750$(E-Mail Removed) >,
> Is there any problem in having a wired network card and a wireless network
> card in the same computer. Both are also connecting to the same network.

Nope, though you may need to disable one to use the other on the
network. I've got a 10/100 card in my lap top, and a 54g wireless card.
When I'm in the office (spare room) I connect via the cable and disable
the wireless card. When I'm watching telly I use the wireless card -
the wired card disables itself.

--
Hywel I do not eat quiche
http://hyweljenkins.co.uk/