Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Newsgroup for classical music recordings

Newsgroup for classical music recordings

Steve Freides

Is there a newsgroup where people discuss things like the pro's and con's of
various recordings of a particular Beethoven piano sonata? I'm a former
full-time classical musician who, after overdosing on music as college
professor, is getting back into it again and would love to discuss things
like this with other interested parties with the goal of, among other
things, learning about which recordings are out there and which I might like
before I buy them.

Steve "currently enthralled with the 1930's Schnabel recordings of the
Beethoven sonatas" Freides

Boomer

"Steve Freides" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:btcil2$5lka5$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de:

> Is there a newsgroup where people discuss things like the pro's
> and con's of various recordings of a particular Beethoven piano
> sonata? I'm a former full-time classical musician who, after
> overdosing on music as college professor, is getting back into it
> again and would love to discuss things like this with other
> interested parties with the goal of, among other things, learning
> about which recordings are out there and which I might like before
> I buy them.
>
> Steve "currently enthralled with the 1930's Schnabel recordings of
> the Beethoven sonatas" Freides

rec.music.classical maybe?

YOu can search your groups list or search here
http://www.google.com/grphp

Boomer

"Steve Freides" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:btcil2$5lka5$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de:

> Is there a newsgroup where people discuss things like the pro's
> and con's of various recordings of a particular Beethoven piano
> sonata? I'm a former full-time classical musician who, after
> overdosing on music as college professor, is getting back into it
> again and would love to discuss things like this with other
> interested parties with the goal of, among other things, learning
> about which recordings are out there and which I might like before
> I buy them.
>
> Steve "currently enthralled with the 1930's Schnabel recordings of
> the Beethoven sonatas" Freides

Another: rec.music.classical.recordings

Shel-hed

Boomer gave you a good start, so I'll just add...
Make sure that you lurk for a month or so before posting.
You have been warned!!!

On Mon, 5 Jan 2004 15:49:28 -0500, "Steve Freides" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

>Is there a newsgroup where people discuss things like the pro's and con's of
>various recordings of a particular Beethoven piano sonata?

<chop>

Steve Freides

"Shel-hed" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Boomer gave you a good start, so I'll just add...
> Make sure that you lurk for a month or so before posting.
> You have been warned!!!

Why?

-S-
http://www.kbnj.com

> On Mon, 5 Jan 2004 15:49:28 -0500, "Steve Freides"

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
> in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
>
> >Is there a newsgroup where people discuss things like the pro's and con's

of
> >various recordings of a particular Beethoven piano sonata?

> <chop>

Boomer

Shel-hed <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Boomer gave you a good start, so I'll just add...
> Make sure that you lurk for a month or so before posting.
> You have been warned!!!

You made me go look at both groups.
Hmmmm... rec.music.classical.recordings isn't bad.

> On Mon, 5 Jan 2004 15:49:28 -0500, "Steve Freides"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
>
>>Is there a newsgroup where people discuss things like the pro's
>>and con's of various recordings of a particular Beethoven piano
>>sonata?

> <chop>

Boomer

"Steve Freides" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:btcjvk$5k7g5$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de:

> "Shel-hed" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> Boomer gave you a good start, so I'll just add...
>> Make sure that you lurk for a month or so before posting.
>> You have been warned!!!

> Why?
>
> -S-
> http://www.kbnj.com

It's always a good idea to lurk at any group for awhile.

>> On Mon, 5 Jan 2004 15:49:28 -0500, "Steve Freides"

> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
>> in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
>>
>> >Is there a newsgroup where people discuss things like the pro's
>> >and con's

> of
>> >various recordings of a particular Beethoven piano sonata?

>> <chop>

Shel-hed

On Mon, 5 Jan 2004 16:12:11 -0500, "Steve Freides" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

>"Shel-hed" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>>
>> Boomer gave you a good start, so I'll just add...
>> Make sure that you lurk for a month or so before posting.
>> You have been warned!!!

>Why?
>
>-S-
>http://www.kbnj.com

Because it's the thing to do. If there was ever a time, it's in them thar groops.
http://www.faqs.org/faqs/music/classical/newsgroups/

You should really fix your sig with a proper delimiter
"-- " (dash dash space), or maybe adding it in at the top of the sig manually will
work.