Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > AdobeReader 6 and Crazy Browser

AdobeReader 6 and Crazy Browser

Sano

Anyone have any cockups viewin' pdfs in Crazy Browser? Arrgh.

Hangs, freezes.

--
"You cannot teach a man anything; you
can only help him discover it in himself."

Mara

On Sun, 04 Jan 2004 18:55:18 -0600, Sano wrote:

>Anyone have any cockups viewin' pdfs in Crazy Browser? Arrgh.
>
>Hangs, freezes.

Have you tried Firebird yet?

"No problems with Reader 6 there."

AND I WANT TO KNOW WHY NOT!"
--glmar04 at twirl.mcc.ac.uk in a.s.r

°Mike°

I've never had any problems with it. Have you tried uninstalling
and reinstalling both?

On Sun, 04 Jan 2004 18:55:18 -0600, in
<Xns9466CA9A8117ecksandother@216.196.97.132>
Sano scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Sano

<eh> I'm looking around for a coupla corks for my ears. My brains are
starting to run out onto the floor. <g>

°Mike° <(E-Mail Removed)> spluttered in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

--
"You cannot teach a man anything; you
can only help him discover it in himself."
Galileo Galilei(1564-1642); Italian
astronomer and physicist

pcbutts1

Delete all temporary files from the following folders:
-- Windows\Temp
-- Documents and Settings\[user profile]\Local Settings\Temp
During usage, Acrobat and Adobe Reader create temporary files, which are
stored in the Windows\Temp and Documents folder and the Settings\[user
profile]\Local Settings\Temp folder. Acrobat and Adobe Reader may create
excessive temporary files, which can overload the system processor and cause
the application to freeze or close. Deleting these files frees up the
processor.

"Sano" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> Anyone have any cockups viewin' pdfs in Crazy Browser? Arrgh.
>
> Hangs, freezes.
>
> --
> "You cannot teach a man anything; you
> can only help him discover it in himself."
> Galileo Galilei(1564-1642); Italian
> astronomer and physicist

Sano

"pcbutts1" <(E-Mail Removed)> spluttered in
news:ZMrKb.39355$(E-Mail Removed) hlink.net:

> Delete all temporary files from the following folders:
> -- Windows\Temp
> -- Documents and Settings\[user profile]\Local Settings\Temp
> During usage, Acrobat and Adobe Reader create temporary files, which
> are stored in the Windows\Temp and Documents folder and the
> Settings\[user profile]\Local Settings\Temp folder. Acrobat and Adobe
> Reader may create excessive temporary files, which can overload the
> system processor and cause the application to freeze or close.
> Deleting these files frees up the processor.

Yeah, thanks pc. I've probably got some other issues going on. I haven't
particulary tested but it looks like v6 *really* makes temp files, big
time.

--
The tongue weighs practically nothing,
But so few people can hold it.