Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Help with retrieving 'deleted' files from Iomega (100meg) external drive please?

Help with retrieving 'deleted' files from Iomega (100meg) external drive please?

cu@thebar.com

Hello, and thanks for reading this...
I accidentally deleted important files from my Iomega external disk
drive = 100meg.
I looked in 'recycle bin' - not there?
tried 'restore' - no good?
cannot find where they were sent by the Iomega drive?
Is there any advice or help you can give me please?
I use win M.E.
thanks for any urgent replies.

Allen Tomlinson
remove (now) from above

Rifleman

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello, and thanks for reading this...
> I accidentally deleted important files from my Iomega external disk
> drive = 100meg.
> I looked in 'recycle bin' - not there?
> tried 'restore' - no good?
> cannot find where they were sent by the Iomega drive?
> Is there any advice or help you can give me please?
> I use win M.E.
> thanks for any urgent replies.
>
> Allen Tomlinson
> (E-Mail Removed)
> remove (now) from above

I'm afraid you're stuffed AFAIK - if you delete files from any removable
media such as floppy or zip, they delete immediately, gone, zippo!

B.Al.Zeebub

On Sun, 04 Jan 2004 19:27:09 +0000, Be.Al.Zeebub read and pondered:

> I'm afraid you're stuffed AFAIK - if you delete files from any removable
> media such as floppy or zip, they delete immediately, gone, zippo!

Rubbish.
--
B.Al.Zeebub
Registered Linux User #339345

Unk

On Sun, 04 Jan 2004 15:59:44 +0000, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>Hello, and thanks for reading this...
>I accidentally deleted important files from my Iomega external disk
>drive = 100meg.
>I looked in 'recycle bin' - not there?
>tried 'restore' - no good?
>cannot find where they were sent by the Iomega drive?
>Is there any advice or help you can give me please?
>I use win M.E.
>thanks for any urgent replies.
>
>Allen Tomlinson
>(E-Mail Removed)
>remove (now) from above

First off, DON'T USE IT AGAIN. That will overwrite anything on it.
See if one of your friends has Norton SystemWorks installed and a Zip Drive.
If yes, have him run the 'Norton UnErase Wizard' on the disk.

B.Al.Zeebub

On Sun, 04 Jan 2004 15:59:44 +0000, Be.Al.Zeebub read and pondered:

> Hello, and thanks for reading this...
> I accidentally deleted important files from my Iomega external disk
> drive = 100meg.
> I looked in 'recycle bin' - not there?
> tried 'restore' - no good?
> cannot find where they were sent by the Iomega drive?
> Is there any advice or help you can give me please?
> I use win M.E.
> thanks for any urgent replies.
>
> Allen Tomlinson
> (E-Mail Removed)
> remove (now) from above

Know anyone who runs Linux or Mac OSes? Take your drive and disc and
visit. Alternatively:
http://www.knoppix.org/
http://www.mandrakelinux.com/en/mandrakemove/
ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/suse/i386/live-eval-9.0
Any one of these will be able to read the disc and recover the files if
they haven't been overwritten.

--
B.Al.Zeebub
Registered Linux User #339345
Who are you going to believe, me or your own eyes?-Groucho Marx

cu@thebar.com

On Sun, 04 Jan 2004 15:59:44 +0000, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>Hello, and thanks for reading this...
>I accidentally deleted important files from my Iomega external disk
>drive = 100meg.
>I looked in 'recycle bin' - not there?
>tried 'restore' - no good?
>cannot find where they were sent by the Iomega drive?
>Is there any advice or help you can give me please?
>I use win M.E.
>thanks for any urgent replies.
>
>Allen Tomlinson
>(E-Mail Removed)
>remove (now) from above

A big thank you to those who replied!
I will be seeking out the appropriate answers asap.
I will reply to this thread.
Once again thanks, (Great group this!)

Allen Tomlinson
(E-Mail Removed)
remove (now) from above

tos2774 tos2774 is offline
Junior Member

this program works. I bet you can find a program that is free that does the same thing...but i know this works. I bet you could find a serial for it somewhere.

http://www.winundelete.com/download.asp

Ciao
Tos