Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > replying to news group

replying to news group

Girl Jamie

I'm not real experienced with the newsgroups so I am wondering what the
'rule' is for replying to a message. Is the reply supposed to be at the
beginning or at the end of the message?
Thanks

ICee

Girl Jamie wrote:
> I'm not real experienced with the newsgroups so I am wondering what
> the 'rule' is for replying to a message. Is the reply supposed to be
> at the beginning or at the end of the message?
> Thanks

http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-...ns.html#asking

Boomer

Girl Jamie, <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I'm not real experienced with the newsgroups so I am wondering
> what the 'rule' is for replying to a message. Is the reply
> supposed to be at the beginning or at the end of the message?
> Thanks

Hi

Depends on the group.

I prefer bottom posting, like reading a letter, but snipping the
parts you are not replying to.

Unk

On Sun, 04 Jan 2004 05:20:33 GMT, "Girl Jamie" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I'm not real experienced with the newsgroups so I am wondering what the
>'rule' is for replying to a message. Is the reply supposed to be at the
>beginning or at the end of the message?
>Thanks

Read some of the messages to get an idea on how a particular newsgroup posts
replies. There is no 'rule' here. Some top post, some bottom post, and
some post inside the original post. I bottom posted to you because your
message was small and you don't have to scroll past a long message to get to
the reply. In a long post, I sometimes top post so you can see the reply
immediately. In a post with several questions, I space my reply after each
question.

Here's some posting resources:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
http://www.acor.org/faqs/lists/listgoodposts.html
http://www.tuxedo.org/%7Eesr/faqs/smart-questions.html
http://www.gweep.ca/~edmonds/usenet/good-newgroup.html
http://www.cogs.susx.ac.uk/local/doc...on/node02.html
http://www.yesenglishonline.com/punctuation.htm

Boomer

Girl Jamie, <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I'm not real experienced with the newsgroups so I am wondering
> what the 'rule' is for replying to a message. Is the reply
> supposed to be at the beginning or at the end of the message?
> Thanks

These tips may help, also.

http://www.learnthenet.com/english/html/26nwsgrp.htm
http://www.toejumper.net/surf7/usenet7.htm
http://tgos.org/newbie/

A newsgroup that offers help and tips to the new usenet new user.
news.newusers.questions

Girl Jamie

Thanks to all!

news:BoNJb.11772$(E-Mail Removed)...