Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Permanantly removing the Links folder from Favourites.

Permanantly removing the Links folder from Favourites.

James Haddow

Hi,

I was wondering how I can permanantly remove the Links folder from the
Favorites.

When I remove it, it appears there again at a later time.

James.

Liz

"James Haddow" wrote
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering how I can permanantly remove the Links folder from the
> Favorites.
>
> When I remove it, it appears there again at a later time.

To stops the Links folder being recreated, open IE, click on Favorites,
on the drop down menu, right-click on the Links folder, choose Properties,
check the Hidden box, Apply, OK, delete the Links folder from the
favorites menu.

To unhide it, go to Folder Options> View> Show hidden files,
so you can see it, change the attributes of the Links folder back.

James Haddow

thanks,

"Liz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:6fNJb.47589$(E-Mail Removed)...
> "James Haddow" wrote
> > Hi,
> >
> > I was wondering how I can permanantly remove the Links folder from the
> > Favorites.
> >
> > When I remove it, it appears there again at a later time.

> To stops the Links folder being recreated, open IE, click on Favorites,
> on the drop down menu, right-click on the Links folder, choose Properties,
> check the Hidden box, Apply, OK, delete the Links folder from the
> favorites menu.
>
> To unhide it, go to Folder Options> View> Show hidden files,
> so you can see it, change the attributes of the Links folder back.

Big Bad Wolf

My pleasure. I couldn't find this url earlier.
Remove Links folder from IE/Favorites - Undo (Line 93)

"James Haddow" wrote
> thanks,
>

> "Liz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:6fNJb.47589$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > "James Haddow" wrote
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I was wondering how I can permanantly remove the Links folder from the
> > > Favorites.
> > >
> > > When I remove it, it appears there again at a later time.

> > To stops the Links folder being recreated, open IE, click on Favorites,
> > on the drop down menu, right-click on the Links folder, choose Properties,
> > check the Hidden box, Apply, OK, delete the Links folder from the
> > favorites menu.
> >
> > To unhide it, go to Folder Options> View> Show hidden files,
> > so you can see it, change the attributes of the Links folder back.

Voodoo

On Sun, 4 Jan 2004 14:42:57 +1100, "James Haddow"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I was wondering how I can permanantly remove the Links folder from the
>Favorites.
>
>When I remove it, it appears there again at a later time.
>
>James.

In the folder's properties, under the "Attributes" section select
"Hidden." That won't delete it, but you won't see it anymore unless
you go back and de select "Hidden."

Voodoo

On Sun, 04 Jan 2004 14:12:06 -0800, Voodoo <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>In the folder's properties, under the "Attributes" section select
>"Hidden." That won't delete it, but you won't see it anymore unless
>you go back and de select "Hidden."

I didn't mean to be redundant, but I forgot to download new headers
before I made that reply and I didn't realize that someone else had
already answered it..

Senti

James Haddow did mumble bt8247$48tb6$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...

> Hi,
>
> I was wondering how I can permanantly remove the Links folder from the
> Favorites.
>
> When I remove it, it appears there again at a later time.
>
> James.

If you don't mind performing a simple registry hack, follow the first set of
instructions here:
http://www.howardforums.com/archive/topic/235795-1.html

If LinkFolderName doesn't exist, you can create it by right-clicking and
choosing New>String Value...

--
~SF~
Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped.