Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Bullet proof and Spybot

Bullet proof and Spybot

joevan

They don't seem to want to live together. Is it a competition or what.
Spybot seems to want to delete files from Bullet proof. Anybody have a
similar thing happen?
joevan

Boomer

joevan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news(E-Mail Removed):

> They don't seem to want to live together. Is it a competition or
> what. Spybot seems to want to delete files from Bullet proof.
> Anybody have a similar thing happen?
> joevan

Guess not.
You might want to ask over at alt.privacy.spyware

why?

On Sun, 04 Jan 2004 00:12:16 GMT, joevan wrote:

>They don't seem to want to live together. Is it a competition or what.
>Spybot seems to want to delete files from Bullet proof. Anybody have a
>similar thing happen?

Bullet proof what, the FTP client/server? If so no problems here, may
depend on the version.

Me

BMcA

The author of SpyBot says that Bulletproof stole one of his databases and
that is why when you run Spybot it wants to delete the Bulletproof. Ignore
and uncheck these items in Spybot.

joevan

On Sun, 4 Jan 2004 11:15:20 -0000, "BMcA" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>The author of SpyBot says that Bulletproof stole one of his databases and
>that is why when you run Spybot it wants to delete the Bulletproof. Ignore
>and uncheck these items in Spybot.

I did un check the items that were of Bulletproof. There seems to be
no way to set an ignore list. I have to make sure I understand it all
before giving it full reign.
I read that part about the Bulletproof guy stealing his info. I wonder
just exactly what he did.
joevan