Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Quick Launch Toolbar Missing Icons?

Quick Launch Toolbar Missing Icons?

ripper

OS Windows XP Pro
Most (not all) of my icons seem to have disappeared from the Quick Launch
toolbar, although the applications are still running in the background
according to task manager.
The settings for the QL toobar are hide when inactive.
When I click on the small arrow on QL toolbar, only two icons are displayed
when I should have about eight.
Appreciate any help.
TIA

DataSpider

"ripper" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:iSDJb.8539$(E-Mail Removed)9.net...
> OS Windows XP Pro
> Most (not all) of my icons seem to have disappeared from the Quick Launch
> toolbar, although the applications are still running in the background
> according to task manager.
> The settings for the QL toobar are hide when inactive.

Uncheck the box "Hide inactive icons"

> When I click on the small arrow on QL toolbar, only two icons are

displayed
> when I should have about eight.
> Appreciate any help.
> TIA

Harrison

You can't hide the Quick Launch bar when inactive.
You must mean the taskbar, of which the QL is one part?
The toolbars are resizeable, but it must be unlocked first.
Right click a blank are of the taskbar and see if "Lock the Taskbar"
is checked. If so, click it once to uncheck it. To see what toolbars
are available and which are being used, Right click again and go up to
"Toolbars >".

On Sat, 3 Jan 2004 18:27:17 -0000, "ripper" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>OS Windows XP Pro
>Most (not all) of my icons seem to have disappeared from the Quick Launch
>toolbar, although the applications are still running in the background
>according to task manager.
>The settings for the QL toobar are hide when inactive.
>When I click on the small arrow on QL toolbar, only two icons are displayed
>when I should have about eight.
>Appreciate any help.
>TIA

ripper

You are missing what I said. It is the icons on the QL toolbar that are
missing, not the toolbar itself.
I have tried unchecking the box "Hide inactive icons" and it has made no
difference.
All the "Hide inactive icons" check box does when it is checked is as it
says hides them, and you are supposed to get a small arrow on the LHS of the
QL toolbar that when you hover the mouse pointer over, the hidden icons are
displayed.
I dont even have this arrow.
<Harrison> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> You can't hide the Quick Launch bar when inactive.
> You must mean the taskbar, of which the QL is one part?
> The toolbars are resizeable, but it must be unlocked first.
> Right click a blank are of the taskbar and see if "Lock the Taskbar"
> is checked. If so, click it once to uncheck it. To see what toolbars
> are available and which are being used, Right click again and go up to
> "Toolbars >".
>
> On Sat, 3 Jan 2004 18:27:17 -0000, "ripper" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
> >OS Windows XP Pro
> >Most (not all) of my icons seem to have disappeared from the Quick Launch
> >toolbar, although the applications are still running in the background
> >according to task manager.
> >The settings for the QL toobar are hide when inactive.
> >When I click on the small arrow on QL toolbar, only two icons are

displayed
> >when I should have about eight.
> >Appreciate any help.
> >TIA

kcsslk kcsslk is offline
Junior Member

go to your documents and settings folder, find your userid and click on it. You should see an application data folder. Right click on it and make sure it's not hidden. If so, uncheck it and it may ask you a question about applying to sub-folders and so on. Click ok and your icons should come back.. hope this helps.

cs