Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > XP NOT BOOTING

XP NOT BOOTING

William Poaster

It was on Sun, 04 Jan 2004 16:41:13 +0000, just as I was halfway through a
large jam doughnut, that tomlou wrote:

> win XP will not boot. All i get is a blank screen after the winxp logo. The
> computer will boot in save mode. I have checked the device manager and there
> was no problem found. So i installed a new 128mb and a 64mb of ram and
> bought a new 40gb hard drive still no joy.
>
> I specs are :-
>
> 800mz processor
> 64mb graphics card
> 40mb hard drive
> creative 5.1 live sound card
> 192mb sdram
>
> many thanks

Your date & time are *way* out -
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2004 16:41:13 -0000

Actual posting date / time :-

Please adjust your clock!

--
Registered Linux user: 305646 - http://counter.li.org/
SuSE Linux Pro 9.0

HaJEEE

Hi there,

what helps most of the time, is hit F8 at boot, actually shortly before
boot, so that an option menu pops up in a dos like screen, where one of the
options is "boot using the last known good config", booting will likely make
the machine boot properly after again as well, untill MS decides to have
another break

Good luck,
Henk-Jan

"tomlou" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bt6rcb$pmg$(E-Mail Removed)...
> win XP will not boot. All i get is a blank screen after the winxp logo.

The
> computer will boot in save mode. I have checked the device manager and

there
> was no problem found. So i installed a new 128mb and a 64mb of ram and
> bought a new 40gb hard drive still no joy.
>
> I specs are :-
>
> 800mz processor
> 64mb graphics card
> 40mb hard drive
> creative 5.1 live sound card
> 192mb sdram
>
> many thanks

NorthernPirate

"William Poaster" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> It was on Sun, 04 Jan 2004 16:41:13 +0000, just as I was halfway through a
> large jam doughnut, that tomlou wrote:
>
> > win XP will not boot. All i get is a blank screen after the winxp logo.

The
> > computer will boot in save mode. I have checked the device manager and

there
> > was no problem found. So i installed a new 128mb and a 64mb of ram and
> > bought a new 40gb hard drive still no joy.
> >
> > I specs are :-
> >
> > 800mz processor
> > 64mb graphics card
> > 40mb hard drive
> > creative 5.1 live sound card
> > 192mb sdram
> >
> > many thanks

> Your date & time are *way* out -
> Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2004 16:41:13 -0000
>
> Actual posting date / time :-
>
> Please adjust your clock!
>
> --
> Registered Linux user: 305646 - http://counter.li.org/
> SuSE Linux Pro 9.0
> No viruses, no defragging,
> NO M$, NO problems!!

boot up with the winxp cd and run setup when you get to the part where it
asks to install or "repair a windows installation"
then choose repair.

cheerz

DataSpider

"tomlou" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bt6rcb$pmg$(E-Mail Removed)...
> win XP will not boot. All i get is a blank screen after the winxp logo.

The
> computer will boot in save mode. I have checked the device manager and

there
> was no problem found. So i installed a new 128mb and a 64mb of ram and
> bought a new 40gb hard drive still no joy.
>
> I specs are :-
>
> 800mz processor
> 64mb graphics card
> 40mb hard drive
> creative 5.1 live sound card
> 192mb sdram
>
> many thanks

Try to remove the 64MB memory. If still the same try with removing the sound
card.

John Holmes

NOTE: This message was sent thru a mail2news gateway.
No effort was made to verify the identity of the sender.

NorthernPirate came up with this:

> "William Poaster" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed)...
>> It was on Sun, 04 Jan 2004 16:41:13 +0000, just as I was halfway
>> through a large jam doughnut, that tomlou wrote:
>>
>> > win XP will not boot. All i get is a blank screen after the winxp
>> > logo.

> The
>> > computer will boot in save mode. I have checked the device manager
>> > and

> there
>> > was no problem found. So i installed a new 128mb and a 64mb of ram
>> > and bought a new 40gb hard drive still no joy.
>> >
>> > I specs are :-
>> >
>> > 800mz processor
>> > 64mb graphics card
>> > 40mb hard drive
>> > creative 5.1 live sound card
>> > 192mb sdram
>> >
>> > many thanks

>> Your date & time are *way* out -
>> Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2004 16:41:13 -0000
>>
>> Actual posting date / time :-
>>
>> Please adjust your clock!
>>
>> --
>> Registered Linux user: 305646 - http://counter.li.org/
>> SuSE Linux Pro 9.0
>> No viruses, no defragging,
>> NO M$, NO problems!!
>>

> boot up with the winxp cd and run setup when you get to the part where
> it asks to install or "repair a windows installation"
> then choose repair.
>
> cheerz

Why do you tell William this? He already knows that.

--
"It ain't much, if it ain't Dutch..."

William Poaster

It was on Sat, 03 Jan 2004 11:52:51 -0600, just as I was halfway through a
large jam doughnut, that NorthernPirate wrote:

> "William Poaster" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed)...
>> It was on Sun, 04 Jan 2004 16:41:13 +0000, just as I was halfway through a
>> large jam doughnut, that tomlou wrote:
>>
>> > win XP will not boot. All i get is a blank screen after the winxp logo.

> The
>> > computer will boot in save mode. I have checked the device manager and

> there
>> > was no problem found. So i installed a new 128mb and a 64mb of ram and
>> > bought a new 40gb hard drive still no joy.
>> >
>> > I specs are :-
>> >
>> > 800mz processor
>> > 64mb graphics card
>> > 40mb hard drive
>> > creative 5.1 live sound card
>> > 192mb sdram
>> >
>> > many thanks

>> Your date & time are *way* out -
>> Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2004 16:41:13 -0000
>>
>> Actual posting date / time :-
>>
>> Please adjust your clock!
>>
>> --
>> Registered Linux user: 305646 - http://counter.li.org/
>> SuSE Linux Pro 9.0
>> No viruses, no defragging,
>> NO M$, NO problems!!
>>

> boot up with the winxp cd and run setup when you get to the part where it
> asks to install or "repair a windows installation"
> then choose repair.
>
> cheerz

Why are you telling me this? I wouldn't touch M$ products with a barge
pole.

--
Registered Linux user: 305646 - http://counter.li.org/
SuSE Linux Pro 9.0
No viruses, no defragging,
NO M$, NO problems!!

Joel Harris Borsack

The easiest solution to this, and i can't believe noone else has thought
of this, is reinstalling you graphics driver, first you'll have to boot
to safe mode and change the driver to standard vga, reboot as normal,
and install the graphics driver that worked, when you do the windows
update, ignore installing the updated driver from ms, which is probably
what you did the first time, and things went wrong.

i really cant believe none of these other techs noticed you were able to
boot into safe mode but blanked on normal boot, 9 out of 10, it's the
graphics driver, if i'm wrong you can bash me later.

tomlou wrote:
> win XP will not boot. All i get is a blank screen after the winxp logo. The
> computer will boot in save mode. I have checked the device manager and there
> was no problem found. So i installed a new 128mb and a 64mb of ram and
> bought a new 40gb hard drive still no joy.
>
> I specs are :-
>
> 800mz processor
> 64mb graphics card
> 40mb hard drive
> creative 5.1 live sound card
> 192mb sdram
>
> many thanks

NorthernPirate

"William Poaster" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> It was on Sat, 03 Jan 2004 11:52:51 -0600, just as I was halfway through a
> large jam doughnut, that NorthernPirate wrote:
>

> > "William Poaster" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> It was on Sun, 04 Jan 2004 16:41:13 +0000, just as I was halfway

through a

logo.
> > The

and
> > there

and

> >> Your date & time are *way* out -
> >> Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2004 16:41:13 -0000
> >>
> >> Actual posting date / time :-
> >>
> >> Please adjust your clock!
> >>
> >> --
> >> Registered Linux user: 305646 - http://counter.li.org/
> >> SuSE Linux Pro 9.0
> >> No viruses, no defragging,
> >> NO M$, NO problems!!
> >>

> > boot up with the winxp cd and run setup when you get to the part where

it
> > asks to install or "repair a windows installation"
> > then choose repair.
> >
> > cheerz

> Why are you telling me this? I wouldn't touch M$ products with a barge
> pole.
>

> --
> Registered Linux user: 305646 - http://counter.li.org/
> SuSE Linux Pro 9.0
> No viruses, no defragging,
> NO M$, NO problems!!

one word: Comprehension

>> > win XP will not boot. All i get is a blank screen after the winxp logo.

> The
>> > computer will boot in save mode. I have checked the device manager and

> there
>> > was no problem found. So i installed a new 128mb and a 64mb of ram and
>> > bought a new 40gb hard drive still no joy.
>> >
>> > I specs are :-
>> >
>> > 800mz processor
>> > 64mb graphics card
>> > 40mb hard drive
>> > creative 5.1 live sound card
>> > 192mb sdram
>> >
>> > many thanks

Sano

"NorthernPirate" <NorthernPirate@hot*mail.com> spluttered in
news:bzJJb.1160$(E-Mail Removed):

>> NO M$, NO problems!!
>>

> one word: Comprehension

No, the word is Usenet. Learn how to post.

--
"You cannot teach a man anything; you
can only help him discover it in himself."

Sano

Good answer, I often forget it myself.

Joel Harris Borsack <(E-Mail Removed)> spluttered in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> The easiest solution to this, and i can't believe noone else has
> thought of this, is reinstalling you graphics driver, first you'll
> have to boot to safe mode and change the driver to standard vga,
> reboot as normal, and install the graphics driver that worked, when
> you do the windows update, ignore installing the updated driver from
> ms, which is probably what you did the first time, and things went
> wrong.
>
> i really cant believe none of these other techs

What other *techs* ? I'm a mechanic. With a BBA.

Some of my buddies think I could be a tech because I took a hdd apart
once.

--
"You cannot teach a man anything; you
can only help him discover it in himself."
Galileo Galilei(1564-1642); Italian
astronomer and physicist

C836 not booting after ROMMON upgrade Uli Link Cisco 4 08-11-2009 08:06 AM
7970 not booting. dasbrow@gmail.com Cisco 0 03-19-2006 11:50 PM
erased flash by mistake, now not booting David Hodgson Cisco 3 03-02-2004 07:34 PM
4000 M+ not booting Duro Madera Cisco 2 12-24-2003 03:04 PM
CD Booting Not Greg Computer Support 7 09-21-2003 05:36 AM

Advertisments