Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > downloading big files like movies using agent

downloading big files like movies using agent

Michiel Pauw

I heard you could download big files like movies using agent. But how
do I know which newsgroup to use? There are so manny of them. And when
I find a good newsgroup how can I put a movie together from all the
parts of it?

gangle

"Michiel Pauw" wrote
> I heard you could download big files like movies using agent. But how
> do I know which newsgroup to use? There are so manny of them. And when
> I find a good newsgroup how can I put a movie together from all the
> parts of it?

Read the Help files for the program, play around, and use
trial and error. There is no substitute for this learning
procedure. In short, it's your software, it's up to you to
discover its ins and outs. There is a NG devoted to
AGENT -- you might pick up a lot of things by just
reading it. news:alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent

Harrison

On Sat, 03 Jan 2004 16:38:26 GMT, Michiel Pauw
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I heard you could download big files like movies using agent. But how
>do I know which newsgroup to use?

You'll need to download the headers for the binary groups and see
where the activity is.

>There are so manny of them. And when
>I find a good newsgroup how can I put a movie together from all the
>parts of it?

Yes, that's the whole point.

Gary G. Taylor

Michiel Pauw wrote:

> I heard you could download big files like movies using agent. But how
> do I know which newsgroup to use? There are so manny of them. And when
> I find a good newsgroup how can I put a movie together from all the
> parts of it?

If you're downloading very large multipart files, it is a good idea to have
more than one connection running to the news server to increase the
bandwidth. A good tool for this is Binary News Reaper
(http://www.bnr2.org).
--
Gary G. Taylor * Rialto, CA