Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Drive A, Floppy disk Drive, LOST

Drive A, Floppy disk Drive, LOST

I.D. Holmes

After backing up a quicken file, I open up drive A to read the disk. I
closed the file and removed the disk. The next time I tried to use Drive A,
it would not work. I looked into my computer file and Drive A was missing.
I have not found a way to restore it. Any info would be appreciated. Ike

°Mike°

Check the floppy drive cables. They may have come loose.

On Fri, 2 Jan 2004 20:06:07 -0500, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
I.D. Holmes scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Barry OGrady

Have you looked at the front of the case? That's where the floppy drive is usually.
If it's not there it may have fallen out. Have a look in the bottom of the case.
Failing that just buy a new one. they are cheap.

-Barry
========

I.D. Holmes

Kept messing around with the device manager and got it replaced. thanks.
ike
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Check the floppy drive cables. They may have come loose.
>

> On Fri, 2 Jan 2004 20:06:07 -0500, in
> <(E-Mail Removed)>
> I.D. Holmes scrawled:
>
> >After backing up a quicken file, I open up drive A to read the disk. I
> >closed the file and removed the disk. The next time I tried to use Drive

A,
> >it would not work. I looked into my computer file and Drive A was

missing.
> >I have not found a way to restore it. Any info would be appreciated.

Ike

> --
> Basic computer maintenance

c.rowlands4

Barry OGrady wrote:
:: Have you looked at the front of the case? That's where the floppy
:: drive is usually. If it's not there it may have fallen out. Have a
:: look in the bottom of the case. Failing that just buy a new one.
:: they are cheap.
::
::
:: -Barry
:: Web page: http://members.optusnet.com.au/~barry.og
:: Atheist, radio scanner, LIPD information.

I think it's IT telling the OP to move on. "Floppy Disk??" - I think I heard
of that, once upon a time.

---